The perfect course for managing Hardware Assets in ServiceNow! Unlock the full benefits of IT Asset Management (ITAM)!
What you'll learn
- Understand how to manage hardware assets in ServiceNow
- Understand how to create, import, and update assets
- Learn how to manage the lifecycle of an asset in ServiceNow
- Understand the link between Assets and CIs
- Learn how to fulfill Asset Requests
- Receiving Assets
- Learn how to manage purchase orders
- Maximize the ROI of your IT Assets
- Create assets and consumables
- Disposing assets
- Simplify asset requests
- A basic understanding of IT Asset Management (ITAM)
- Access to a ServiceNow Instance (recommended but not required)
Are you an IT Asset Manager who wants to manage assets in ServiceNow? Or maybe you're already managing your organizations assets in ServiceNow, and you want to learn the best practices? If so, then this course is perfect for you!
In this course you will learn about:
- Hardware Assets
- Hardware Models
- Relationship Between an Asset and a Configuration Item (CI)
- Difference Between the Asset Repository and the Configuration Management Database (CMDB)
- Consumable Models
- Workflow of an Asset
- Purchase Orders
- Receiving Assets
- Requesting Assets
- Hardware Asset Tracking
- Transfer Orders
- Vendor Management
- Vendor Catalog Items
- Asset Classes
- Asset States and Substates
- Parent and Child Relationships
- Product Catalog
- Service Catalog
- Stock Rules
- Asset Reports
- Adding New Fields to the Asset Form (alm_hardware)
- Creating your own IT Asset Management dashboard
- Customizing the Hardware Asset Form
- IT Governance
- The Different Stages of an Asset's Lifecycle
- Retirement & Disposition
- Importing Asset Records
- Managing your IT Asset Inventory
Careers in the IT Asset Management (ITAM) industry are proving to be more and more common, so the need for solid skills and experience with ServiceNow is proving to be a basic requirement for all ITAM professionals.
Did you know that the average salary for an IT Asset Manager in the United States is $110k? This course will enable you to kick-start your career in IT Asset Management.
ITIL 4 also places a heavy focus on IT Asset Management, so maybe you're ITIL certified, and want to greater expand your knowledge into ITAM on ServiceNow.
This course is also great if you've just purchased and/or setup ServiceNow Discovery, and you're wanting to understand how to manage your hardware assets throughout their lifecycle. Although this course does not cover Software Asset Management (SAM) or License Management, it is a good segway into setting up ServiceNow for your Hardware Asset Management practice.
What is Hardware Asset Management (HAM)?
Hardware Asset Management is the management of your physical assets. From when an asset is requested, then procured, to eventually being retired and disposed, hardware asset management ensures that physical assets are fully tracked and managed throughout their lifecycle.
Hardware Asset Management also involves managing:
- Vendor Agreements
- Software Licenses
- Non-IT Assets (infrastructure equipment, facilities assets, healthcare assets etc)
Study this course today and elevate you're career to the next level!
Maybe you're interested in taking the Hardware Asset Management Fundamentals course by ServiceNow, but don't want to pay the hefty price? Take this course today and learn the SAME information, and much more for 100x less!
Please note, this course was created on the Madrid release of ServiceNow. If you're using the New York or Geneva release, not to worry, the topics and information covered in this course are still relevant and valid.
Who this course is for:
- IT Asset Managers
- ServiceNow Administrators
- Contract Managers
- Procurement Managers
- IT Service Desk Engineers