Your Road to а QA Career Starts Here!
What you'll learn
- How to test computer software (software testing). We'll cover black and grey box approaches
- How to improve the software development process (Quality Assurance). We'll extensively cover SDLC
- How to work with databases, version control, builds, log files, interpreters, automation helpers, etc. etc.
- How to professionally approach QA automation for functional and regression testing
- How to write a killer resume by converting your non-QA experience
- How to gain actual QA experience that you can put into your resume
- How to effectively hunt for a QA position anywhere in the world
- How to successfully pass QA interview and get your first QA job
- Drive to learn, persistence and a DREAM of joining the software industry
"I’ve hired many QA engineers, and can vouch for the effectiveness of much of the material here… If you’re serious about becoming a software tester, I can’t think of a better way to start." — Phil Libin, Evernote CEO
1. What is the primary purpose of this course?
To help you find a QA job ASAP.
2. Do I need to have a computer science degree or QA experience to get a job?
Many, if not most, QA engineers came from the fields unrelated to computer science. There are former lawyers, civil engineers, accountants, customer support specialists, teachers, salespeople, etc. who got their QA jobs after taking a class on software testing.
BTW, the great option to start QA career is to do internal transfer within your company — so many companies have websites, and somebody needs to develop and test them!
QA is not rocket science! — in fact, our profession is the easiest way to join the software industry.
Having said that we want to stress that QA studies and QA work DO require things that not everybody has: attention to details, perseverance, patience, curiosity, and ability to learn new concepts/approaches.
3. What this course consists of?
a. 45 video lectures PACKED with materials and practical exercises. Lectures 40-45 (inclusively) cover our Job Hunting System designed to help you stay ahead of your competition in the job market.
b. 45 homework assignments (PDF file with homework is attached as a Resource to each lecture).
c. 45 quizzes.
d. Web-based training software SHARELANE.COM.
e. Professional Exam for Software QA/Test Engineer (178 questions on QA, Manual Testing, QA automation and software development)
e. Templates and examples of QA documents (including first QA resume template) that you can use for your career.
We urge you to
- execute all practical exercises as you study video lectures.
- take all quizzes
- complete all homework assignments.
Once again, if you want to be ahead of your competition on a junior tester job market, you have to study hard and do all practical exercises, homework, and quizzes. This course is big, comprehensive and it’s designed to help you get a job ASAP, but you’ll have to invest your effort and attitude… and all good things will come your way.
This course is based on a bestselling book by Roman Savin and Ruslan Desyatnikov How to Become a QA Tester in 30 days and on previous Roman Savin’s books (How to Become a Software Tester and Тестирование дот ком).
4. Would I benefit from this course if I’m already employed as a software tester?
Many employers have bought this course and its predecessor to refresh knowledge of their test engineers or to convert non-QA employees into QA pros.
So, yes, you will.
5. Why do you use QA Tester in the name of the course? Aren't QA and Testing different things?
The purpose of Quality Assurance is to prevent bugs. The purpose of testing is to find and address bugs that were not prevented. So, while QA and Testing are different things, they both deal with and improve software quality. In the software industry, titles QA, Tester, and QA Tester are used interchangeably.
6. Do you guarantee that I’ll find a QA job after your course?
We cannot guarantee that because it's irresponsible to do so! There are too many variables: job market, student’s attitude, student’s intellect, student’s persistence in learning, student’s ability to take rejection, etc. etc.
But what we CAN guarantee is that you’ll get TOP QA Education and this course will provide you with all the knowledge needed to start and successfully proceed with your QA/Testing career.
7. Some people say that manual QA is no longer needed.
Nope! QA automation is a great thing, but it merely does what you program it to do. QA automation has no intelligence of its own. Hence in many cases, e.g., when software has a lot of moving parts, usage of QA automation makes no sense, and the only way to test software is to involve manual testers.
We recommend learning manual QA first, then getting a job, then moving to QA automation.
Manual QA engineers will always be needed before AI is self-aware, but in that case, we are in big trouble in anyway
8. Do you cover QA automation?
QA automation means a broad spectrum of tools, techniques, and approaches. Here is what we'll do in this course: we'll have three lectures about QA automation where you'll learn how to write QA automation correctly and how to find good cases for its usage -- in other words, you'll learn how to work smart with whatever automation tools you'll choose in the future.
9. Are there Junior QA jobs? How much can I make from the start?
You'll find plenty of junior positions if you know how and where to search -- we will teach you that. As of April 9, 2019, Glassdoor reports that for average Entry Level QA Analyst salary is $56,773/yr in the USA. Not so bad for a start!
10. When I look at QA positions, they require at least some experience.
We’ll teach you how to translate your non-QA experience into QA experience, and how to get actual QA experience that you can put into your resume.
11. How is this course different from hundreds of other QA courses, including free ones?
- This course was created by PayPal, Evernote, and Chegg alumni Roman Savin. His works on QA/Testing enabled thousands of people around the world to get started with QA career.
- This course is about action – there is NO DRY THEORY here. We are going to give you the methodologies, approaches, solutions, suggestions, recommendations, ideas, brain positioning and document examples and templates that have immediate IMMEDIATE practical application in any company you’ll join.
- You'll learn QA/Testing and practice your QA skills with innovative web-based training software SHARELANE.COM. In other words, you'll practice while learning, and learn while practicing!
- The course videos were produced by professionals in a professional studio on professional equipment. The voice over belongs to professional American narrator.
- In addition to basic QA/Testing training, e.g., test case writing or bug filing, you’ll get familiar with many TECHNICAL things: databases, log files, builds, version control, automation tools, programming practices, website architecture, etc. etc.
- In this course, we’ve also covered work of other participants of the software development life cycle (product managers, coders, DB admins, release engineers, etc.), so you can understand how things work in the software companies, why bugs appear and what can we do to prevent them.
Welcome to the course and thanks for choosing us,
Roman Savin and QA Mentor team.
Who this course is for:
- Everyone who wants to enter the software industry ASAP