Stop choosing between performant and testable HTTP clients. We're building one from scratch!
What you'll learn
- Understand the paradigms behind the Go programming language.
- What an HTTP client is.
- How to perform HTTP calls in Go.
- Issues and blocks when working with native HTTP client.
- How to design a Go library from scratch using Modules.
- How to design a public API: Interfaces and methods.
- How to provide mocking features out of the box.
- Unit, integration and functional testing our HTTP client.
- Most important: End up with a production-ready HTTP client that you can use without worrying about performance!
- Just complete the Go Tour available at Golang's website.
Have you ever called a REST API from your Go program? Did you implemented your own HTTP client or did you ended up using some of the thousand libraries out there? Do you know what your HTTP client is doing in the background?
In this course we're starting from scratch! We're going to remember how a basic HTTP call looks like by digging into the request & response objects. We're going to write a basic HTTP client to perform HTTP requests and then use it in productive applications. What issues do we have? Can we scale our applications by following this approach? Of course not! That's why we're creating an HTTP client library that provides:
- Fast, reliable and friction-free HTTP connections.
- Support for all HTTP methods: GET, POST, PUT, DELETE, PATCH and more!
- A Concurrency-Safe HTTP client that you can use without worrying about performance.
- Content type management and optimization.
- Mocking features out of the box.
- A clean interface in case you want to unit test your code without relying on integration testing features.
- A robust implementation so you won't need any external dependency whatsoever.
- Completely customizable interface: timeouts, transport layer, custom HTTP client and lots of useful features.
- A library that is PRODUCTION-READY!
This client will the baseline for all of the applications we're going to build later, making our business scale and grow as fast as we can Go.
Take a look at the preview lessons you have available to have an idea about the structure and content of the course. I know you're going to enjoy it! If you have any doubt, take a look at my other courses and see what my students have to say!
See you on the other side!
Who this course is for:
- Software engineers.
- Software developers.
- QA engineers.
- Tech Leads & Architects.