Build an Instagram iOS App Clone with Cloud Firestore, Swift 5, iOS 14 & No Storyboards
What you'll learn
- Build an Instagram clone with iOS 14, Swift 5 & Firestore without the use of storyboards
- Modified MVVM Architecture
- Build a social network (Posts, Notifications, Following, Likes etc.)
- Engineer a backend using Cloud Firestore
- Advanced auto-layout and programmatic UI skills with Swift
- Register and authenticate users using Firebase
- Advanced UI/UX development to build a clean and visually appearing user interface
- Advanced Object Oriented Programming skills
- Mac computer
- Some programming experience and knowledge of Xcode is preferred
What are we building?
In this course, you will learn how to build a complete version of Instagram ready to be published on the App Store. We will be building all the core components of a social network. This includes following users, making posts, liking/commenting on posts, in-app notifications, creating a user profile, and registering users. Throughout the process, you will develop high level programming, app design and app development skills. We will be building this without the use of storyboards, fully programmatically.
Some programming and basic Xcode experience is preferred. The course will move a little fast if you're a complete beginner, but you will pick things up along the way.
Why take this course?
Learning advanced development skills should be taught using real world examples. This course will teach you how to build a fully functional social network, from complete scratch. You will be learning advanced front and backend development skills, from a real life professional developer. You will learn how to code like a pro, and everything will be explained in detail along the way. This will teach you to build production ready applications, that are easily scalable and maintainable. This also makes for a great project to add to your portfolio, which you can use to show off to potential employers if you're trying to become a pro.
What will you learn?
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of Swift 5 & Xcode 11
- Implement Model View ViewModel (MVVM) architecture
- How to engineer a backend server using Cloud Firestore
- How to authenticate and register users with Firebase
- How to communicate with a database (read/write)
- How to monitor events in a database
- How to upload images to Firebase Storage
- How to structure data for optimum performance in Cloud Firestore
- How to build a fully functioning social network (likes, comments, follow, posts, notifications)
- How to programmatically construct views and controllers
- How to parse incoming JSON data from database
- How to use CocoaTouch classes, UIKit, UserNotifications and more
- How to use CocoaPods and custom third party APIs
- How to implement/use protocols
- How to implement custom subclasses for clean and reusable code
- How to dynamically size collection view cells
- How to create extensions and functions for clean and reusable code
- Advanced level programming and app development skills
- Advanced level User Interface Design
- Advanced level back end engineering
- Create users
- Create a user profile
- Authenticate users with Firebase
- Search for users
- Upload posts
- Home feed with posts from followers
- Like posts
- Comment on posts
- In app notifications for following, post likes and post comments
- Follow/Unfollow users from profile
- Follow/Unfollow user from notifications screen
- Go to post or profile from notifications screen
- Display timestamp on posts and notifications
- Logging in and logging out
- Anyone who wants to learn how to build the famous Instagram iOS App!