Get started with regexps
What you'll learn
- Basic knowledge of regular expressions
- A computer with a software that uses regular expressions
This is an introductionary course on regular expressions. In this course you will learn the basics and most common components of regexps. This includes:
- Back referencing
- Character sets
- Negation (how to NOT look for...)
- Anchors to find what is in the beginning and/or end of the line.
- And much more!
"A regular expression, regex or regexp (sometimes called a rational expression) is, in theoretical computer science and formal language theory, a sequence of characters that define a search pattern. Usually this pattern is then used by string searching algorithms for "find" or "find and replace" operations on strings."
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who needs to understand how Regexps works