Understand why and how to test effectively in JUnit 5
What you'll learn
- Learn how to write effective unit tests
- Learn what's new in in JUnit 5
- How to structure and nest tests in JUnit 5
- Learn how to use condition test execution
DescriptionThis is an in-depth look at a truly fundamental concept in Java programming - Software testing with JUnit 5. Unit testing, with the shiny new version of the most popular testing framework for Java.
In this course some of the questions I answer include:
- Why test at all?
- Why did we need JUnit 5 when we already had JUnit 4?
- What's new in JUnit 5?
- How to assert multiple assertions with failure collation?
- How to execute tests conditionally?
- How to structure tests and use nesting?
- What are extensions in JUnit 5?
- What is mocking and Mockito?
I hope that by the end of the course you will have a solid understanding of the fundamentals of testing with JUnit 5.
I'm hoping that equipped with this knowledge you will be able to demonstrate professionalism through effective unit testing, something many employers look for in potential candidates.
With JUnit 5 it really is worth exploring what it can offer beyond the basics to get the most out of it. We delve into deeper topics like nested tests and parameterized tests to help you structure your tests in the most maintainable way.
Thank you for reading and I look forward to seeing you inside the course.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for beginners and advanced Java programmers alike as long as you have a desire to get the most out of JUnit 5