Game development made easy. Learn C# using Unity and create your very own 2D Platformer
What you'll learn
- Learn C#, a modern versatile programming language.
- Understand the capabilities of 2D development in Unity.
- Develop strong and transferrable problem solving skills.
- Gain an understanding of the game development process.
- Learn how object oriented programming works in practice.
- Mac or PC capable of running Unity 3D
- A copy of Unity 5.3 available for free from unity3d.com
Note: a newer version of this course is now available under the title 'Learn To Code By Making a 2D Platformer in Unity & C#'. This new course features a complete overhaul and uses the latest version of Unity as well as using updated methods to make learning & developing easier than ever!
Learn how to create your very own platformer game using Unity3D, an industry-standard program used by many large gaming studios and indie developers across the world.
In this course you won’t just be learning programming concepts, but tying these concepts to real game development uses. You will have access to a course forum where you can discuss the topics covered in the course as well as the next steps to take once the course is complete.
This course has been designed to be easily understandable to everyone, so whether you’re a complete beginner, an artist looking to expand their game development range or a programmer interested in understanding game design, this course will help you gain a greater understanding of development.
At the end of this course you will have developed the ability to create such game elements as:
- A character to control
- Collectibles such as coins, extra lives & extra health
- Different types of enemies to combat
- Dangers such as Spikes, Saws & moving platforms
- User Interface with interactive menus
- Multiple levels and a level select screen
- A unique and challenging boss battle
Start learning today and let me help you become a game developer!
Who this course is for:
- Competent and confident with using a computer.
- Complete beginners with an interest in learning game development.
- Developers who want to re-skill across to game development.
- Anyone who wants to make their own 2D game.
- People interested in working in the game design industy.
- Please who want to create and publish their own games.