What you'll learn
- Create Boards in Monday
- Add Teammates and Subscribers to your boards
- Send Teammates notifications
- Use the timeline and location views
- Export and Import Boards to and from excel/google sheets etc.
- Create private and shareable boards with "Guests"
- How to Integrate with Slack, Github and Gitlab
- Send Email Notifications
- How to create teams in Monday
- Use the search functionality
- Check the activity log for past activities
- Combine boards, kind of like a SQL join
This course is designed for those of you who are sick of projects skipping deadlines, on unplanned events ruining your plans. It's time to be organized and improve your strategic planning with the best tool out there. Welcome to Monday. We're gonna make your Monday so much better. Whether you are a real estate agent or a PM at a software outfit, Monday will help you. It can even be applied to help organize school timetables.
You will get a quick grasp on Monday. It is one of the best project management tools out there, with the ability to design and develop dashboards that give you great visibility into your entire ecosystem.
Everything is well documented and separated, so you can find what you need. Assignments and Quizzes will make sure you stay on track and test your knowledge. The course will have a combination of theory and practical examples.
Build the first Dashboard
We will first sign up and create a basic board, start from scratch and get a company's HR schedule sorted. They have one really incompetent employee, so you need to pick up the slack. This board can't be created using a template so you will do everything yourself. Add members, columns and send out notifications.Try different views.
Working with multiple users
Once you've done that we will move on to more interesting features. Like exporting and importing from excel. Learnt the concept of guests and shareable boards. This will let you have people who can access boards with the right amount of rights and privileges.
I'm sure you already have many apps in your ecosystem. Slack for communication or GitHub/Gitlab for version control. Send notifications to these systems, or make Monday sensitive to what is going on in them.
Get the ingredients
Learn all the expert tips and tricks. Switch to the timeline view, and then use the search everything functionality. Understand what it means to be a subscriber, and perform actions on sets of data, rather than individual rows. Use the activity log to find the culprit who ruined your board . Combine boards by using a column from one board in another and then tying it to a key, kind if like a SQL join. Automate tasks, like alerts when things get done..(or not).
Who this course is for:
- Students trying to get a quick grasp of Monday and Project Management
- Managers/Developers looking to monitor and Visualize their projects and sync management with version control
- Developers and Software Architects who have used another tool to track their projects and are now looking to move over to Monday
- Those who like to get their Projects done on time