Build incredibly scalable apps with a microfrontend architecture
What you'll learn
- Use microfrontends to architect an app that dozens of teams can work on at the same time
- Structure your apps to scale to millions of users
- Understand how to divide a monolithic app into multiple sub-apps
- Coordinate data exchanged between your microfrontends
- Apply a production-style workflow with a full CI/CD pipeline
- Deploy your microfrontends to Amazon Web Services with CloudFront
- Isolate rules styling by applying CSS-scoping techniques
- Judge whether microfrontends are an appropriate choice for your application
- Basic understanding of React
Congratulations! You've found the most popular, most complete, and most up-to-date resource online for learning how to use microfrontends!
Thousands of other engineers have learned microfrontends, and you can too. This course uses a time-tested, battle-proven method to make sure you understand exactly how microfrontends work, and will get you a new job working as a software engineer or help you build that app you've always been dreaming about.
The difference between this course and all the others: you will understand the design patterns used by top companies to build massively popular web apps.
Microfrontends are used to divide a large app into a series of smaller apps. This provides a set of unique benefits to any frontend:
- Author smaller, easier to understand codebases
- Use a different set of libraries for each sub-app - bring the best tool for the job!
- Deploy each portion separately - limit the chance of interrupting your users
- Allow each of your engineering teams to work independently
What will you build?
This course features hundreds of videos with dozens of custom diagrams to help you understand how microfrontends work. No prior experience is necessary. Through tireless, patient explanations and many interesting practical examples, you'll learn the fundamentals of building dynamic and live web apps using microfrontends.
Each topic included in this course is added incrementally, to make sure that you have a solid foundation of knowledge. You'll find plenty of discussion added in to help you understand exactly when and where to use each aspect of microfrontends.
Below is a partial list of the topics you'll find in this course:
- Learn design patterns used by the largest companies in the world
- Understand when to use microfrontends
- Link multiple apps together using a tiered routing system
- Scope CSS on your page to prevent cross-app contamination
- Avoid sharing state between apps to promote isolation
- Deploy each portion of your app independently to avoid production bugs
- Scaffold a CI/CD pipeline to automate your release process
- Utilize multiple front-end frameworks in the same app
- Maximize performance by using module federation
Who this course is for:
- Engineers looking to scale frontend apps