How to identify potential shared components in an existing codebase
What You Will Learn
Importance of choosing your libraries dependencies
How to create an NPM library from scratch with TypeScript and Storybook
Basic and advanced API patterns for shared components
How to build and deploy a modern NPM package to a private NPM registry
This course will teach you how to create a flexible, private, enterprise-grade component library using React.
Since its introduction in 2013, React has become one of the most used front-end frameworks. Its component-based architecture and flexibility has made it the framework of choice for those needing to share code across multiple teams.
However, the same flexibility that has helped React grow in popularity also creates many challenges when creating shared assets and tooling. Some of the most commonly asked questions include:
- What components should be shared?
- How do I choose which dependencies to include in my library?
- Which component APIs and design patterns allow for the most flexibility?
- How do I document and build my components?
- How should I be testing my library?
- Where do I deploy my components for internal use?