Build your own Blog App with the latest Next.JS & React(Next 9.4+, React hooks). Learn how to use headless Sanity CMS.
What you'll learn
- Use the latest Next/React features (getStaticProps, getStaticPaths, getServerSideProps)
- Create statically generated web apps
- Deploy Serverless Apps !
- Integrate Sanity CMS
- Basics in programming and JS required!
- Basic knowledge of React JS
What is Sanity ?
Sanity is the platform for structured content. With Sanity you can manage your text, images, and other media with APIs. You can also use the open-source single page application Sanity Studio to quickly set up an editing environment that you can customize. With Sanity you have access to a bunch of APIs, libraries, and tooling that helps you leverage the benefits of having all your content available as a single source of truth. This article will quickly walk you through some central concepts, giving you a head start.
What is Next JS ?
Next JS is React framework that provides infrastructure and simple development experience for server side rendered(SSR) application.
- An intuitive page-based routing system (with support for dynamic routes)
- Pre-rendering, both static generation (SSG) and server-side rendering (SSR) are supported on a per-page basis
We will start with integration of a very clean application layout I have prepared for you. We will follow latest practices of React and Next JS, this means we will utilise hook functions as much as possible.
After initial layout and pages will be created we will start preparing actual data in Sanity Studio. I will explain you the basics of sanity and we will prepare to 2 types of documents - Blogs, and Authors.
We will specify various fields describing our data, as for example "Code Blocks", "Images" and many others.
After data will be fetched, we will be ready to display blogs in our application pages. You will learn how to process images and how to apply stylings into code blocks.
Later in the course you will learn how to apply different filtering options to the application view, how to paginate items and how to manage sorting of the data. You will learn how to use provider and consumer/concept which we will use for managing light and dark theme of our application.
Next we will talk about Preview feature. Preview feature will make possible to display draft blog data before they are publish into a production.
In the end of the course we will deploy our application into Vercel platform. Application will be statically optimised and super fast.
Thank you for your time and I hope to see you in the course.
Who this course is for:
- Starting developers curious to learn Next JS/React with Sanity CMS
- Experienced developers looking to learn new features of Next JS
- Developers looking for an easy way to integrate and deploy their own CMS