Object Oriented Programming, master it!
What you'll learn
- Understand object orientated programming principles - used by most modern languages
- Apply object oriented programming principles in real code (covered in course)
- NO KNOWLEDGE of programming required
- A PC / Mac / Linux computer with internet connection
Object oriented programming. What is it?
That was my biggest question when I started programming.
It took me many months to get the object oriented programming concept fully cemented in my mind. Now I will help you get object orientation in less than an hour. Avoid needlessly complicated explanations that you find on the internet, as I explain everything in PLAIN language.
-----------Review of this course--------------
Very good explanations and organisation of material. A good companion while learning the code in other courses to get a complete approach to programming in an object orientated way.
When I learnt object oriented programming it was from videos made by boring instructors. I wanted it to be fun and that’s why everything I explain is illustrated using Lego. Lego is the perfect tool because it is exactly like programming – they both are construction tools, used to build a final product.
We will do a little light programming during the course to demonstrate what OOP is. Our language of choice is C# because we can write it in the excellent (and free) cross platform software: Xamarin. Xamarin allows us to learn object oriented programming in C# on PC, Mac or Linux.
You do not need to know any C# (or even basic programming) beforehand.
- Fundamental object oriented programming concepts are explained
- A few more advanced ideas are covered too
- Some homework to get you thinking
- Fantastic Lego illustrations
What are the requirements?
- A PC with internet access to set up Xamarin (an open source .Net engine)
- You can also run Xamarin on a Mac (or Mono-Develop on Linux)
What will you get from this course?
- 12 carefully sculpted lectures, complete with excellent Lego illustrations!
- Learn to code by thinking in an Object Oriented manner
- Make beautiful, concisely written code – the number one asset coveted by anyone looking to hire developers
- Make a start in professional software development (freelance rates in the USA are $60 - $150 per hour)
Who is the target audience?
- Anyone that wants to earn a very healthy living writing and creating software
- People looking to improve their own knowledge of object oriented concepts
- Beginner / novice programmers who do not understand object oriented programming principles