Learn how to avoid thread-safety issues, synchronization and blocking with a really practical hands-on course
What you'll learn
- Concurrent Java programming using the Actor Framework
- How the Actor Model works and can be used as a better alternatives to Thread creation
- How to use the core Akka libraries to build robust, thread-safe, concurrent applications
- Basic Java knowledge
- Some existing Java multi-threading programming is helpful but not essential
- No knowledge of Akka or Scala is needed
This course will cover how to use the Actor Model provided by the Akka framework to build robust, thread-safe concurrent applications with Java.
Instead of creating threads, worrying about thread-safe variables, using synchronization and locks, learn how the actor model gives us a completely different way to approach concurrent programming.
The course is full of practical real-world scenarios - you'll even build a basic blockchain mining application.
Please note that although Akka is built in Scala, no Scala knowledge is needed for this course - the course covers Akka with Java and we won't be writing any Scala code.
This course covers the newer Akka Typed API only.
Who this course is for:
- Novice and experienced Java developers who need to enhance their concurrent programming skills.