What you'll learn
- Comprehensive overview of the Private Equity and Venture Capital industries
- Key investment concepts and structuring terms of private equity funds
- Financing of a company during its life cycle and Term sheet offered by investors
- Structures of PE and VC investment vehicles around the world and Government-sponsored tax incentives
- Understanding of the effect of leverage on risk-adjusted returns
- Valuation concepts: art or science?
- Definition and role of EBIT and EBITDA in valuing Enterprise Value and Equity Value
- Valuation methods: DCF (Discounted Cash Flows) and the Venture Capital Method. Overview of other valuation methods
- No prior knowledge is needed
This course aims at demystifying the Private Equity and Venture Capital industry for a wide audience.
I have the pleasure to share my industry expertise with you today: over a decade of selecting the best managers in private equity and venture capital as well as successful entrepreneurs, who represent the other side of the story.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to understand financial news, where startups, IPOs and LBOs are omnipresent
- MBA and BBA students / CFA and CAIA candidates
- Prospective investment banking analysts who want to learn more about the industry
- Professionals who wants to pursue a career in the Private Equity and Venture Capital industry
- Entrepreneurs and CxO-level executives who might need one day such industry knowledge
- Investors who want to perfect their understanding of such asset class
- Anyone who is excited about startups and early stage ventures