Make your Raspberry Pi Communicate with Arduino - Build a Complete Intercom Project - Serial, Telegram Bot, Pi Camera...
What you'll learn
- Make Raspberry Pi communicate with Arduino, using Serial
- Build a complete Intercom system with Raspberry Pi and Arduino
- Use the Raspberry Pi as the “brain” and the Arduino as the “muscles” of your application
- Understand the differences between Arduino and Raspberry Pi
- Install and configure Arduino IDE on Raspberry Pi OS
- Create a bidirectional Serial communication
- Build a custom protocol to talk over Serial
- Write code with Python 3 on Raspberry Pi and C++ on Arduino
- Create a Telegram Bot with Python 3
- Send notifications from your Raspberry Pi to your phone
- Control Arduino from a Telegram chat
- Practice a lot thanks to 9 activities and one big final project
- Start directly with the best practices
- Develop an engineer mindset when solving problems
- Learn how to be more independent when working on your future projects
- Understand the “why” behind things
- Learn by doing and not just watching
- Arduino basics with C++ and how to build a circuit
- Raspberry pi basics with Python 3
- Arduino board + Raspberry Pi board + a few hardware components (list of components available in a free preview lesson)
- This is an intermediate course, not for complete beginners!
DescriptionYou’re already familiar with Arduino and Raspberry Pi?
You want to go further with those boards, and combine them to create more complex and powerful projects?
Welcome to this Raspberry Pi + Arduino course!
I will take you from an intermediate level on the two boards, to an advanced level, not only on each board, but on the combination of both.
At the end of the course, you will be able to create your own custom projects with Raspberry Pi and Arduino.
Note: his course is not for complete beginners, for example I will not explain to you how to write basic Python or C++ programs. You definitely don’t need to be an expert, but having a good understanding of both Arduino and Raspberry Pi will really help you get started.
→ Why this course?
Working only with Raspberry Pi, or only with Arduino, is already nice: you can do a lot of projects.
But sometimes, this is not enough. You will need to combine the strength of both boards: the power of software with Raspberry Pi (brain), and the closeness to hardware with Arduino (muscles).
When looking for tutorials/courses about this on the Internet, I found that they are all very simplified, and work with a very simplistic setup, and only for that setup. If you add any component, any functionality, you’re going to be stuck.
So in this course, you won’t get a copy/paste example, but a complete (and efficient) step by step process to create any application with Arduino and Raspberry Pi.
I will show you how to start a successful Serial communication between the 2 boards, and how to build an application with new components and features around this bridge.
→ How will you learn, how do I teach?
My method is simple but efficient:
- WHY: Focus on the “why” so you understand what you’re doing.
- HANDS-ON lessons to learn in a better way.
- STEP BY STEP: Every lesson is built on top of previous ones.
- PRACTICE with many activities and projects.
- NO COPY AND PASTE!!! I write all the code from scratch.
Some reviews from my students - related to Raspberry Pi:
“Edouard is an awesome instructor. The course is easy to follow but he makes you think all along the way. Great first class if you are interested in learning Raspberry Pi.” --- Joel Bernstein
“Awesome class! I highly recommend this class. Mr. Renard is a great instructor. The entire class is hands-on, which in my opinion is the best way to learn.” --- Kirk Wynter
“Really happy with the course. Exactly what I paid for and am pretty happy with my progress. I am getting exactly what is promised. Edouard is an excellent teacher.” --- Jihad Anbous
Some other reviews - related to Arduino:
“The course was excellent. Congratulations to Edouard. I had already worked through some of the projects in the Arduino projects book, but I still learned much more in this course. Thanks.” --- Sholto Douglas
“Halfway and still loving this course. The instructor is clear and teaches in such a way that you actually learn how to navigate, conceptualize, and write your own code rather than teaching from premade code. Outstanding work sir!” --- Westley Bolton
→ What will you do in the course?
After an installation section to get all the tools ready for the course (including installing Arduino IDE on your Raspberry Pi OS), you will progress through 4 different parts:
- Communicate with Serial between Raspberry Pi and Arduino.
- Build the Arduino circuit for the project, one component at a time. Control Arduino components from the Raspberry Pi
- Discover new Raspberry Pi functionalities - Camera and Telegram bot. Control the camera from the Arduino, and send commands to Arduino from a Telegram chat.
- Complete Intercom Project (see preview video for an overview of the result).
For the final project, together we will design a complete communication protocol, and we will also practice on the steps design: basically, how to plan/organize your application before writing code. I will give you some tips to help you design and organize your future projects, so you can start them and know what you need to do, in what order. This is something super important that I don’t often see in other courses or tutorials, and I’ve made sure to focus on this when creating the steps for the final project.
So, you want to build more complex applications with Raspberry Pi and Arduino? Don’t wait any longer and start this course today!
As always, my goal is to give you the freedom to start and finish your own projects. With this freedom you won’t have to rely on some copy/paste examples from the internet, because you will have the foundation that allows you to really understand how things work, and build anything from scratch.
And that’s not all: all along the course I will share with you the best practices I personally use for my own projects. You will be able to create robust and scalable code - both for Arduino and Raspberry Pi.
Oh, and you also get a 30 days money-back guarantee if you’re not fully satisfied - no questions asked
See you in the course!
Note - This course is not for you if:
- You are a complete Arduino or Raspberry Pi beginner.
- You want a copy/paste solution to your problems and don’t want to take the time to understand.
Who this course is for:
- Students, Engineers, Researchers, Teachers, Developers, Hobbyists.
- Arduino and/or Raspberry Pi makers who want to combine the 2 boards for more fun and complex projects.
- Anyone interested in going further with Arduino and Raspberry Pi.
- Anyone who wants to build serious robotics or home automation projects.