Improving internal design of an existing application with refactoring techniques and design patterns in C#
What you'll learn
- How to apply design patterns while refactoring an existing application
- How to contain complexity of the business domain while performing small refactoring and redesign steps
This course begins with examination of a realistic application, which is poorly factored and doesn't incorporate design patterns. The demo application converts text into subtitles for videos, which makes it quite useful in practice. Yet, it is nearly impossible to maintain and develop this application further, due to its poor structure and design.
That is the point at which the course begins. As demonstration after demonstration will unfold, we will refactor this entire application, one function and one class at a time. During refactoring, many design patterns will fit into place almost without effort. By the end of the course, you will know how code refactoring and design patterns - one coding practice and one design practice - can operate together and help each other create great design.
Who this course is for:
- Hands-on programmers who are struggling to keep their source code clean and extensible
- Programmers who wish to apply design patterns without causing more harm than good
- All those who wish to improve their object-oriented programming and design skills