All The Power BI Consolidation Secrets Microsoft Was Supposed To Show You, But Never Did
What you'll learn
- Use the power of Excel 2016, Power Query and Power Pivot to create structure, reduce complexity, and improve flexibility
- Creating a systems-based approach to data transformations
- Consolidating data between multiple business entities
- Data transformations using Microsoft Excel, Power Query, and Power Pivot
- Learn to 'clean' your trial balance data and put into a format suitable for analysis
- Managing the Data Model by creating relationships between data sets
- Creating Dashboards to present the data using Visual Basic and simple macros
- Course Layout: a.) Transforming the Data b.) Creating Dashboards c.) Making Decisions
- Sample files are provided to follow along and test your understanding real-time
- Apply these techniques to your organization
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of basic Finance and Accounting principals and understand the difference between an Income Statement and a Balance Sheet
- A strong desire to harness the power of Power Query, Power Pivot and Power BI
This course will teach you how to systematically transform and consolidate financial data using Microsoft Excel, Power Query, and Power Pivot. I will show you how to turn your organization's existing Trial Balance into a meaningful query that can easily be replicated each time you regenerate your data. We will construct relationships in the data model, allowing us to turn the initial Trial Balance into a Global Income Statement by connecting data across multiple entities.
My guarantee to you:
After taking this course you'll learn a new way to use Power BI products to manage financial consolidations.
Does your financial close process suffer from any of these common ailments?
- Unstructured - No commonality in account structure? No corporate hierarchies for dimensions such as accounts, entities, departments and products?
- Complex - Use of multiple spreadsheets for consolidation? Poor controls, no process standardization and limited communication between users?
- Inflexible - Lack of multidimensional financial reporting that can quickly adapt to changing business needs?
- Create structure - define a common chart of accounts and reporting dimensions shared by all locations, departments and reports
- Reduce complexity - dramatically improve controls by having 'one version of the truth' accessible to multiple users; eliminate need for multiple spreadsheets while communicating close status to all users throughout the process
- Introduce flexibility - create updatable multidimensional hierarchy structures that quickly meet accounting and Finance reporting requirements
Who this course is for:
- Finance and Accounting professionals who perform data transformations and consolidations
- All financial analysts who need a better way to handle large amounts of data
- Those who want to improve or eliminate their manual, error-prone spreadsheet data transformations and replace with a simpler, more reliable system
- Those who want to improve their data analytics and Power Query talents