Socket.IO realtime communication training for complete beginners. Create apps, games & more (socket, websockets, chat)
What you'll learn
- How to build a real-time chatroom web app from scratch. Everything is covered step by step.
- How to harness real-time communication on the web
- Understand the basics of websockets and how they work
- Create multiple channels to distribute functionalities of your app.
- Integrate Socket․IO in any Node․js app
- Understand important events of client server architecture - connect/disconnect, timeout, pong, etc.
- You’ll be able to develop real-time web applications using Socket․IO
- Much more...
- Everything you need to get started with Socket․IO programming is covered in a simple step by step format.
- Basic HTML/CSS/JS knowledge
- Beginner Level Node․js
- No paid software/service is required
THE MOST EFFECTIVE SOCKET.IO BEGINNERS COURSE - EVERYTHING IS COVERED!
The primary objective of this course is to teach beginners the fundamental Socket.IO programming skills as fast and effective as possible.
I will start teaching you the fundamental theory about sockets, then swiftly move on to practical coding.
You will learn:
- The difference between socket IO and websockets
- What socket events are and how to handle them
- Know how to broadcast data
- How to create multiple namespaces and rooms to distribute your app functionality
- And finally, I will teach you step by step, how to code a realtime chat app from scratch.
- Much much more...
When you are done with the course, you will have acquired the necessary skills to harness real-time communication on the web & create your very own realtime applications (and not just chat apps)
WHAT IS SOCKET IO?
Socket.IO primarily uses the WebSocket protocol with polling as a fallback option, while providing the same interface. Although it can be used as simply a wrapper for WebSocket, it provides many more features, including broadcasting to multiple web sockets, storing data associated with each client, and asynchronous I/O.
Socket.IO provides the ability to implement real-time analytics, binary streaming, instant messaging, and document collaboration.
Notable users include Microsoft Office, Yammer, and Zendesk.
Socket.IO handles the connection transparently. It will automatically upgrade to WebSocket if possible.
This requires the programmer to only have Socket.IO knowledge.
TOP 3 BENEFITS OF LEARNING SOCKET.IO PROGRAMMING
1: Increased worldwide demand
Socket.IO is used from startups to the big 4 software enterprises such as Microsoft. Hence, it has a great community behind it, and there’s a good possibility that your future or current employer shifts to it from realtime systems. That means that developers that know Socket.IO are in great demand and the demand is only increasing.
2: Future proof technology
The importance of Realtime Systems is not to be discounted. Instant data transmission is the norm today. Every critical system such as stock markets, emergency alerts, data analytics, traffic management, etc. need realtime data for decision making.
Socket.IO is a library made for realtime communication, providing transfer of multiple types of data-structures and binary data - image, audio and video.
3: Get your dream job
Socket.IO development skills are a requirement for a lot of tech jobs today. A simple search on any well-known job websites will reveal the requirement for the skill
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Will learning Socket.IO make me more employable or likely to get promoted?
Learning more and having additional knowledge than your peers is always beneficial. Even if your current job role doesn’t require real-time communication, it gives you insight on how to approach problems differently, what is the better way to solve it. Maybe you or your organization is using Rest APIs for some application which is better realtime and Sockets IO can be of help there. Coming up with more solutions make you more valuable for everyone.
How is Socket.IO helpful in Game Development?
In online multiplayer games, the stats of players need to be shared with each other. Usually, a clone of one player is made in another player’s environment. Whatever stats and actions the actual player perform, the clone copies. Socket.IO can be used to send information from real to clone and back from clone to real. For e.g. the clone gets hit by a bullet, an event will get fired which deducts the main player’s health.
If within 30 days of buying the course you decide that it's not for you, just get a refund. No risk to you.
ARE YOU READY TO LEARN SOCKET.IO DEVELOPMENT?
Please press the "Take This Course" button and start learning 2 minutes from now!
Who this course is for:
- Any developer who wants to learn how to harness real-time communication on the web
- Any developer interested in learning how to build real time applications with Socket․IO
- Programmers who wants to further their career by learning Socket․IO programming