What you'll learn
- Purchase, from any host, an unmanaged VPS and have the knowledge to setup the VPS correctly and most importantly securely
- Setup, from scratch, a secured, hardened and optimized Virtual Private Server
- Install a new WordPress site in a few seconds
- Administer multiple WordPress sites using the WordPress Command Line Interface
- Secure your WordPress sites on the server
- Update multiple WordPress sites by typing a single command
- Update multiple themes and plugins on multiple WordPress sites by typing a single command
- Create a scheduled automated WordPress backup solution, without using plugins
- Move WordPress sites from host to host, quickly, easily and error free without plugins
- This course is designed for the absolute beginner
- No prior knowledge of the subject is needed, I'll be guiding you step by step throughout the course.
- No knowledge of linux or server administration is required
- Don't download or install any software, what you need and how to install it is covered in the course
- You should be running a WordPress site already, as this course will not teach you how to use WordPress, it will teach you how to 1) setup a secured and optimized server environment dedicated to hosting multiple WordPress sites and 2) how to setup and administer your WordPress sites on that server
Welcome to The Definitive WordPress Course - now updated to Ubuntu 18.04
In this course, you'll learn how to host multiple WordPress sites on your very own Virtual Private Server, using Apache or nginx as your web server.
Having issues with your current shared web host?
- Say goodbye to shared hosting and one click WordPress installers!
- Say goodbye to bad web hosts!
- Say goodbye to terrible tech support that take days to solve issues
- Say hello to the only WordPress course that is going to put YOU in true control of your server and your WordPress sites.
What's the solution?
Pay someone to move your site(s)? Purchase a WordPress Backup plugin for $80 - $300 per year? Use a badly coded free plugin? Do a cPanel backup?
The solution is to move your WordPress site(s) to a Virtual Private Server.
The answer to the above: its all done on your server and it doesn't cost a cent! By typing a few characters on the keyboard you will be in possession of your database and site backups ready to move to your new host!
When you take this course, you will soon realize and wonder why it took you so long to move your WordPress sites from shared hosting to an unmanaged VPS. Please don't let the word unmanaged scare you. An unmanaged VPS simply means the host keeps the network connected and the host node running, you are in control and responsible for everything else on the server. I'll guide you, step by step through the process of setting up an unmanaged VPS and then I'll also be guiding you through setting up WordPress on that VPS.
Never used the command line before? Never edited a configuration file before? No problem, I will teach you and provide you with the knowledge you need
I cover all aspects, no matter if your are using Windows or MACOSX. We will download the software, I'll show you how to install and configure the software and most important how to use the software. Prior to each section, I'll explain what we are doing, why we are doing it and in plain easy to understand English. You won't find any long and boring PowerPoint presentations and minute after minute looking at me talking to the camera. Its us and the command line, nothing else. The command line is easy to use, just think of terminal as a very basic word processor. I'll be there guiding you step by step.
At the end of this course, you will have mastered how to set up an unmanaged VPS and install multiple WordPress sites on a fast and secure VPS.
WordPress can be securely installed in under a minute on the same server. Yes!!! a single minute to set up a new WordPress site: 45 seconds to set up the database and 15 seconds to install WordPress. Additional WordPress sites, with a different domain name, can also be set up in under a minute.
This course will give you the knowledge to:
- setup your very own unmanaged VPS
- you will be able to secure, harden, configure and optimized the server
- setup multiple WordPress sites on that VPS
- install a new WordPress site in a few seconds and secure that site on the server
- update multiple WordPress sites by typing a single command
- update multiple themes and plugins on multiple sites by typing a single command
- setup your own scheduled backups, no plugins
- move you WordPress sites whenever you need to from host to host, no plugins
- you will never be stuck with a bad host again
- This course is meant for anyone who is tired of shared hosting and wants discover the benefits hosting their WordPress sites on a VPS
- If WordPress site security concerns you - take this course as security comes FIRST and and not as an afterthought - you will secure your site using the server and not a plugin.
- This course is for anyone who has received a warning that their WordPress site is using too many server resources
- If you have ever wondered how do I move my WordPress site? How do I backup my WordPress site? WITHOUT plugins
- This course is for anyone who wants to drastically improve the way they administer WordPress sites on a VPS
- Anyone who wants to spend more time creating content and less time updating multiple WordPress sites using the dashboard?
- Web designers who want to offer additional services to their clients
- Business owners who want to setup WordPress on their own server
- Anyone who wants to be able to build WordPress sites quickly and easily
- Anyone who wants to learn the best and quickest way to setup a WordPress site.
- Anyone wanting to offer their services on fiverr setting up an unmanaged VPS and administering the VPS for a monthly fee
- Anyone wanting to offer their services on fiverr - moving WordPress sites, creating a Scheduled WordPress Backup Solution