Create a full stack web application with Next.js, TypeScript and GraphQL
What you'll learn
- Basic knowledge of GraphQL
- Basic knowledge of React
- Basic knowledge of Node
Welcome to Strongly Typed Next.js!
Next.js gives you the best developer experience with all the features you need for production: hybrid static & server rendering, TypeScript support, smart bundling, route pre-fetching, and more. No config needed.
Here is why you should join:
- Everything covered is up-to-date and relevant in today's web developer industry.
- Along with the videos, I wrote a step-by-step guide to follow along on my website.
- Create a full stack GraphQL API and web client
- User authentication with the React Context API
- Style JSX components with Material UI themes
- Build a monorepo server with yarn workspaces
The entire course should take between two to four weeks to complete.
By the end, you'll have plenty of new skills for building full stack web applications.
What are we building?
We are building a simple streaming service called "Stream-me"
Our app will feature the following functionality:
- Users can login or signup and create streams.
- Dark mode switch to dim the lights.
- Embed music, videos or social media content.
- Share streaming content with embedded links.
We are building a service which supports sharing embedded post content.
Before we dive into the implementation, here are a few things you’ll need to follow along.
- Node 6 or higher
- Basic Knowledge of GraphQL and Node.js
- Developers looking to learn GraphQL
- Developers looking to learn NextJS