What you'll learn
- You will create two apps: simple crud app and an advanced video sharing service with PayPal integration, deployment to Heroku etc.
- You will learn Symfony 4 & 5 from theory to advanced level by creating real life projects
- You will learn how to create multilevel nested categories tree in PHP
- You will learn how to install Symfony
- You will learn about Symfony configuration
- You will learn about Symfony Flex
- You will learn about HTTP processing workflow in Symfony framework
- You will learn routes
- You will learn controllers
- You will learn views in Symfony using Twig
- You will learn html forms in Symfony
- You will learn Doctrine ORM (how to use database)
- You will learn entities (models) in Symfony and relations between them
- You will learn about service container & services in Symfony
- You will learn dependency injection (autowiring in Symfony)
- You will learn console command
- You will learn how to create events and listeners
- You will learn how to use sessions & cookies in Symfony
- You will learn how to send emails
- You will learn how to do translations in Symfony
- You will learn about security concepts in Symfony (login, registration, etc.)
- You will learn unit & functional testing
- You will learn about debugging Symfony applications
- You will learn about cache
- You will learn how to use Redis for session and cache
- You will learn about doctrine table inheritance in Symfony & polymorphic database queries
- You will learn how to deploy a Symfony application to Heroku (make application online)
- You will learn how to integrate PayPal with the Symfony application for making subscription billing
- You will learn how to use external API (Vimeo api) and use it with the Symfony application
- You will be able to create your own websites or web applications in Symfony framework
- You will learn basics of RabbitMQ message broker
- You will learn basics of Messenger Component
- You will learn CQRS pattern - command query responsibility segregation
- You will learn REST API with Symfony & API Platform
- PHP language and object oriented programming
- How to install software on your computer and have internet connection
- You need to have server environment installed, e.g. Ubuntu, Xampp etc. to work with PHP applications locally
Welcome to the best course of Symfony (incl. 4 & 5 version) - the great PHP framework!
In this course you will learn Symfony from basic to advanced level!
By the end of this course you will be able to create both simple websites and complex dynamic web applications in the great Symfony PHP framework.
Very practical course! Almost all sections/concepts are explained using real life applications/scenarios. In this course we will create a huge real life app (probably you will not find a course where built more advanced app like in this course)
This is a very massive guide to Symfony, which is one of the most popular PHP frameworks. Symfony 4 version introduced a new approach to php frameworks - it starts small as a microframework and grows as you need new features. You install them using the amazing Symfony Flex tool. For example, if you are making a simple website and do not need a login functionality then there is no code responsible for logging in the framework directory. Thanks to this our application contains only as much as we really need.
The course consist of three main parts:
1. The theoretical part where I discuss the basic Symfony concepts on examples with effects on a web browser
2. In the second part we will build a simple application in Symfony - a list of tasks to be performed (database used)
3. In part 3 we will build an advanced web application for video subscription in which we integrate PayPal for payments, multi-level nested video categories, communication with Vimeo API, deployment to Heroku server
as well as:
BONUS section added (October 2019) - basics of Symfony Messenger Component, RabbitMQ message broker and CQRS pattern (Command Query Responsibility Segregation) with practical example by simulating e-commerce system consisting of main app and cooperating microservices.
Course update: (January 2020) new section added REST API with Symfony & API Platform
During the course we will be covering many simple and advanced Symfony concepts such as: routing, controllers, views, database with doctrine orm, entities and relationships between them: one to one, one to many and many to many; events & listeners, security topics such as login, registration, authorization; also unit and functional testing, dependency injection, service container, symfony services, doctrine table inheritance with polymorphic database queries, REST API and many more.
This course is a combination of theory and project-based learning approach. Learning by building real projects is the best way to learn programming languages and tools like php frameworks.
All of the course applications were made using Symfony 4 (except applications for rest api section - Symfony 5). Upgrade to Symfony 5 section was added to the course. According to Symfony standard, there are no any new features in Symfony 5.0 compared to Symfony 4.4.
Remember that only practice makes perfect. If necessary, study the course two or more times. Take notes during the course like a real student. Use documentations, Google search. Finally, try to write the application yourself, not necessarily the same as in the course, you can try to change, add something, etc. No single course will make you a very good web developer. It can only bring you closer to this goal. The more practice, the better.
You used Symfony 4 and Symfony 5 in this course for creating apps to practice knowledge. Why not use only the latest version? Does it mean that this course is outdated and I will not benefit from it?
Absolutely not! In tools like PHP frameworks the fundamentals and base syntax almost never change regardless of the version. But of course any maintained software evolves all the time. That's why I always suggest you to use the version of software that instructor uses in the course. It prevents from errors and confusions. As a someone who wants to learn web development you should be aware, that real web development involves also adapting the code to newer versions if necessary - but this is not always necessary, not every company do that. Software changes so often that the instructors would not be able to create the courses so that they match the latest version. This is not even advisable, because as a student you would loose an important aspect of real web development - the awareness that everything is changing and you need to be able to deal with it.
Enroll now and let's start learning Symfony!
There is no risk! 30 day money back guarantee (as always at Udemy)
Who this course is for:
- Everyone who want to learn Symfony framework
- Everyone who is interested in building web applications and websites