What you'll learn
- How to get device location in React Native
- How to make a passenger app and driver communicate via. Sockets
- How to install react-native-maps for both iOS and Android
- How to use Google Maps Places API for places autosuggestions
- How to use Google Maps Routes API for route directions
- How to draw polyline directions on the map
- How to send drivers location in background to passenger app
- How to create JWT authentication with Nodejs
- How to create a simple Socket-io backend
- Basic knowledge of React Native
Please note that this is not a "full taxi app", it's definitely lacks some functionality before you can either sell it or deploy it to a app store. It doesn't have any fare monitoring or payment functionality. I see this sort of a "early access" version of the course, and I intend on updating it based on my students requests in the future. First of all, I'm excited to see how my students take in the hours of content there already is.
That being said, I hope you will enjoy this course, and if you have any questions or request, don't hesitate to message me or use Udemy's Q&A. Thank you!
Hello and welcome to my little course!
In this course you will learn how to make a very basic taxi app in React Native. You will learn how to make a side both for the driver and passenger, and how to make the two devices communicate with each other.
You'll learn how to install and use react-native-maps, how to use Google Maps API's to get places suggestions and routes.
You'll learn how to send a request from a passenger to a driver, and updating the passenger with the driver location.
Who this course is for:
- Developers familiar with React who wants to get a headstart at making a taxi app