100% Hands-on, case-studies & Labs from Scratch, Create production-grade scalable deployments with Terraform AWS
What you'll learn
- Learn Terraform basics and advanced concepts like modules, interpolation, state files
- Define Infrastructure as Code using Terraform to easily create and destroy environment
- Bootstrap compute resources using Terraform Provisioners
- Be able to apply DevOps techniques using terraform
- Launch AWS EKS cluster using Terraform
- Learn basic GCP and Azure concepts. Launch GCP and Azure resources using Terraform
- Familiar with AWS
- Internet connection
- Patience, patience, patience
Terraform has gained a lot in popularity lately and is the tool you need to master if you are or about to get into an Ops / DevOps role. The demand for DevOps engineers is skyrocketing because few people have these skills and the value they add to a business’s bottom line is so high. Software development is expensive, and DevOps saves money by automating and streamlining the process. It also makes it easier to deploy more frequently, so you can catch issues early and improve the reliability of your product or service. Not to mention it saves hundreds of hours of manually administering servers and running deployments (like the good old days).
In this course, you'll learn how to use Terraform to automate your infrastructure. I will first show you the basics of Terraform and will then explain how to automate infrastructure on AWS using terraform. You can open an AWS account for free to do the labs. I also provide a lot of code examples that you can immediately use to automate your own infrastructure.
Managing infrastructure as code also provides a far more robust process for managing and tracking infrastructure since these processes can now be incorporated into CI/CD tooling and other automation processes.
Note: This course Primarily focuses on AWS(90% of the course is AWS based). Some sections of this course focus on Google Cloud (GCP) and Azure.
In this course, you will learn how to:
- Define your infrastructure as code so you can easily create and destroy environments as you need them, keeping AWS costs low
- Design an architecture that is scalable, secure, resilient and facilitates zero-downtime deployments
- Setup professional development workflows based on GitLab Flow to automate processes and speed up deployments
- Properly manage and administer an AWS account in accordance with best practices to mitigate the risk of it getting compromised (and preventing AWS bill shock)
Udemy and the author of this course are not liable for any cloud service provider charges you may incur while executing the exercises in this course.
Who this course is for:
- Developers/System administrators looking to expand their knowledge into DevOps
- Junior DevOps developers looking to advance their skills
- Who wants to learn terraform to deploy/manage cloud resources automatically using Terraform