Learn to query databases using MySQL. A must-have skill for users of data in any industry! Go from beginner to expert
What you'll learn
- Learn how to query data from databases using SQL on your own machine and within your own database
- Learn fundamental SQL syntax that enables you to query database tables in any way imaginable
- Learn about Data Aggregations and perform them using SQL (SUM / COUNT / MIN / MAX / AVERAGE / GROUP BY / HAVING)
- Learn how to join multiple tables in a variety of ways - (LEFT / RIGHT / INNER / FULL / UNION / UNION ALL / INSERSECT / MINUS)
- Learn database management techniques - (CREATE / REPLACE / UPDATE / DELETE)
- Learn how to work with Date information (extracting, filtering, formatting)
- Learn how to generate your own columns of data within a result set
- Learn about Arithmetic & Comparison operators
- Learn how to create Temporary Tables, Common Table Expressions, Subqueries, Derived Tables & Views
- Learn about in-built functions (String / Numeric / Date / Comparison / Window)
- Learn how to create Conditional Statements (CASE / WHEN / THEN)
- Learn how SQL can be used in other software and languages such as Tableau, Python and Alteryx
- Learn how to use MySQL Workbench to manage your data
- Learn how to use SQL to perform data analysis
- All the skills required to add SQL to your CV / Resume
- Learn how to implement Triggers & Loops using SQL
- Learn about SQL cursors with examples
- Learn how to create Stored Procedures and Stored Functions
- Learn about the differences between MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, SQLite and Oracle
- An appetite to learn SQL and work with databases
- No other pre requisites or course requirements
DescriptionWelcome to The Complete 2021 SQL Bootcamp - Data Querying Essentials!
Having a solid understanding of SQL is a must-have skill in today's world for anybody who works with data. Gone are the days when the SQL programming language resided solely inside the 4 walls of an IT department. If you do not know SQL and the fundamental aspects of the querying language, then you are falling behind the curve.
Whether you are looking to upskill and learn about database management or want to learn SQL in order to gain insights into your data that is currently difficult to do using Excel, then you are certainly in the right place.
In this course we will be using one of the most popular databases in the world called MySQL and it is no doubt one of the most highly in-demand skills in the business sector today. With huge companies such as Twitter, Udemy, Airbnb, Uber and Dropbox using MySQL, you are learning SQL with a very powerful database option that you will install on your own machine. Furthermore, the skills you learn are highly transferable to other database platforms with a whole section dedicated to showcase the high level differences. You will no doubt become an SQL pro.
There are lots of courses to choose from, and finding the right one can sometimes be difficult. So why choose this course? Here are few reasons that come to mind:
- Data analytics is my full-time job. With over 13 years of experience, I have learnt what works and what does not work in an organisation. I have consolidated this experience and focussed on creating video content that explains fundamental features that will add huge value to you personally as well as your firm
- The course is constantly updated with new material to ensure you are supplemented with the most recent developments
- This course is delivered with precision in mind. Videos are targeted at showcasing specific elements that can be tackled in isolation or as part of a well thought through journey
- You are presented with high quality video material, tested with quizzes in every section, provided with tips and tricks to improve your SQL experience and introduced to articles that will help grow your knowledge to the next level
- Significantly reduce operational costs through automated processes using databases
- Generate insights into your data that lead to improved decision making at all levels of management
- Impress your colleagues and peers with data querying capabilities that are second to none
- Become more efficient with your time by conducting data analysis in Tableau, Alteryx or Python by using SQL to query underlying databases
This is a course designed for those who have not touched SQL before to those who want a refresher on advanced topics such as triggers, loops, procedures and functions! The course is designed and presented in an easy to understand fashion and I hope you find the learning style engaging and easy to follow.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. I am here to make learning SQL a fun and enjoyable process and you'll soon ask yourself why you didn't do it sooner. I love my job and I love seeing others excel when they get to put their newly found SQL knowledge into practice. Sign up today and see how rewarding using SQL can be!
Enrol today and kickstart your SQL journey!
Who this course is for:
- This course is for anyone who wants to learn the Fundamental aspects of SQL
- This course is designed for any data enthusiast who wants to get more out of their data
- This course is for anybody who wants improved insights into their data
- This course is for anyone who wants to improve their breadth of SQL syntax knowledge
- This course is for anyone who wants to migrate Excel based reports to a database
- This course is for any keen data scientist who wants to leverage SQL for data analytics
- This course is for anyone who wants to open up job opportunities that involve data