Learn how to use Vivado design suite to design Xilinx FPGA FROM ZERO using VHDL or VERILOG language!
What you'll learn
- How to use Vivado
- Full Project with PCIe root complex to PCIe end point communication, how to setup the root complex and how to simulate the PCIe
- Adding IP to your project.
- Axi-Bus, Streamed and Memory-mapped IP's and differences.
- Test Bench, what is it and how to write it
- How to simulate Vivado projects, using the Modelsim tool or Vivado.
- Zynq 7000, explained and implementation.
- Connecting Axi Bus to Zynq7000 peripherals and between IPs.
- Adding ILA ,integrated logic analyzer, the strongest tool for real-time debug.
- How to open SDK project
- More complex things you must know for using Vivado even in your working place as a professional!
- Having a PC with windows/Linux and internet connection.
- Basic VHDL/Verilog Knowledge
- Installing Xilinx's Vivado Design suite 2019, explained in the course.
- Installing ModelSim simulation tool, explained in the course.
- In this course you will learn to develop FPGAs with VHDL language, FPGA is an integrated circuit - a chip that is making complex calculations in parallel and can be program by the developer. today can be found in every smart phone, cars, plans, most of your electronics have FPGA.
- Today, working as a FPGA developer is the most profitable job in Hardware development. And is a profession in great demand in every big company: apple, microsoft, intel, amazon, google and so many others!
- If you want to work as a FPGA developer or just to know how to design an FPGA this is the course for you!
In this course you will learn everything you need to know for using Vivado design suite. Vivado design suite is a tool that was crated by Xilinx and is used to design Xilinx FPGAs, simulating them and real-time debugging them and of course to program them.
This course was created for beginners who never used Vivado before, and also for students who wants more experience with the Vivado design suite, also this course can help even advanced users for knowing and understanding how to use and design more complex parts in this tool - like Pcie, Axi interface, Simulations with 3rd party tool(Modelsim,Questasim…), Zynq7000 processor and much more.
This course will help the Students understand everything they needs to know for working in big companies with Vivado design suite as a professional designers/engineers.
In this course the students will learn how to simulate their project with Vivado and also with 3rd party tool - Modelsim. Students with no experience at Modelsim will learn briefly about Modelsim but i can guarantee that after the Full Project part in the course you will control the Modelsim which is a really easy tool to learn.
At the end of the course it includes a Full Project of 2.5 hours, with PCIE communication and simulating the PCIE Cores. This way after you have learned all of the parts of how to start your own project, you can also go and build a big project by using all of the aspects learned on this course.
I am willing to add more full projects with different complicated IP's, so you will be able to use them as reference for your projects. my main goal is to make it easier for the students to be able to create any project they want.
The main topics this course will cover are:
- How to download and install Vivado design suite 2019.1
- How to download and install Modelsim
- Create new project
- Adding block design
- Adding Xilinx IP cores
- Xilinx Primitive Cores
- Xilinx language templates
- synthesize a project
- Implementing the design
- Creating Constraints
- Generate Bitstream , Binstream and MCS files
- Simulating the design through Vivado or Modelsim
- Zynq 7000
- Axi interfaces
- Open SDK project
- Real Time Integration with ILA - logic analyser
- PCIE FULL Project with PCIE and Simulating the PCIE.
- All Levels.
- Anyone who want to gain more knowledge and become a good FPGA developer from Zero.
- Anyone who wants to know how to work with Xilinx FPGAs.
- Anyone who wants to know how to work with VIVADO.
- Anyone who wants to know how to work with FPGA's ZYNQ7000.