Am I just too stupid for Leetcode?

General Rules

• This Forum Rules:
    1. No asking for course requests or download links.
    2. Don't share links to other websites for downloads or references.
    3. Avoid controversial topics in discussions.

4. Use an appropriate thread title that matches your content, not just a word.

Other Forum Rules Can Be Found Here

darkentropy

Premium User
Premium
TutFlixer
Sep 7, 2020
Mustafar
There is one thing I can suggest for everyone out there.
Once you know the basics of DSA and you can solve the easy ones. I suggest you to stop solving the problems by category, what happens when you solve by category is that you already know what kind of data structure or algo you'll need to apply so this way you don't build the intuition for that Data structure or algo when you tackle a new problem in an interview where the category is not given.

Also, don't blindly do leetcode, if you are stuck read 3-4 most voted posts in the discussion section, read all the solutions and pick any which you find easy and intuitive. Discuss section is what makes leetcode ahead of all the other interview prep sites.

When ya'll start doing leetcode, you'll stumble on posts like these in the discuss section:
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

There are so many good discussions and comments that'll make you feel in love with leetcode and problem solving that'll motivate you.
I started 2 months ago and now I feel DSA is not a pain in the ass anymore.
Consistency is the Key 🔑 :)

darkentropy

Premium User
Premium
TutFlixer
Sep 7, 2020
Mustafar
One more thing
Does anyone know of a small community where people discuss problem solving?
Not looking for big ones because then its just too difficult to discuss then.
max 10-15 or maybe 20 serious consistent people who love solving probelms everyday or if not everyday but regularly.
If there is not anything like this, would anyone want to be a part of this group If someone creates one?
Like a Discord server?

rishu2022

Invest if you can afford it. Always.😎
TutFlixer
Oct 6, 2020
Google
One more thing
max 10-15 or maybe 20 serious consistent people who love solving probelms everyday or if not everyday but regularly.
If there is not anything like this, would anyone want to be a part of this group If someone creates one?
Like a Discord server?
I'm in -- as long as I can stay anonymous on the chosen platform. Don't want my crucial details leaking out (like Phn. No., etc) after sharing all these courses here!

darkentropy

Premium User
Premium
TutFlixer
Sep 7, 2020
Mustafar
I'm in -- as long as I can stay anonymous on the chosen platform. Don't want my crucial details leaking out (like Phn. No., etc) after sharing all these courses here!
Yea yea totally
We'll be there to study and not to discuss personal stuff :p
Most of the communication can take place on Discord itself so no need of personal details like number, id or anything.

Reactions: rishu2022

encephalitis

TutFlixer
Nov 4, 2020
india
One more thing
Like a Discord server?
check binarysearch dot com :D
in that we can create a dedicated group chat room and have competitions too

rishu2022

Invest if you can afford it. Always.😎
TutFlixer
Oct 6, 2020
Google
check binarysearch dot com :D
in that we can create a dedicated group chat room and have competitions too
Let me test out how the whole system works. I think that platform is dope. If study is the purpose, then better than discord, I guess.

caleb

TutFlixer
Jun 9, 2022
Israel
I've just posted this in another thread so it may be useful here:

For an overview of how to prepare: techinterviewhandbook.org
A customizable Grind 75+ question list: techinterviewhandbook.org/grind75

This list was made by the guy that came up with the original famous Blind 75 leetcode questions, and he now has a site where you can tune your prep time to get extra questions :).

Reactions: rishu2022

d24test

TutFlixer
Jun 13, 2022
Taiwan
Adding 1 more free resource for getting familiar with patterns.

Btw, I'm going for Leetcode Premium by the end of this year.

One recommendation was to spend not more 15-20 minutes on a problem and then watching the solutions. Just doing this consistently for 2 months (10 problems/day) maes one very familiar with the patterns.

leetcode shows me that developers need to envovled too! The problem with nowdays, is our work tends to override with our hobby. Mental strength to survive today's beraucracy-politics are exhausting.

Keeping the pace to do leetcode do helps in reviewing the basics in computer science. Thank you for your resources

Latest resources