I want to learn c++ but can't find any good course

General Rules

• This Forum Rules:
    1. No asking for course requests or download links.
    2. Don't share links to other websites for downloads or references.
    3. Avoid controversial topics in discussions.

4. Use an appropriate thread title that matches your content, not just a word.

Other Forum Rules Can Be Found Here

eroul211

TutFlixer
Jun 21, 2022
romania
So i am trying to learn c++ but can't find any good course. I had one from udemy. Beginning C++ Programming - From Beginner to Beyond by
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
At the assigment with the letter pyramid i give up i try it with the learncpp site but i really dont like to read that much.

Any suggestion?

jatman

TutFlixer
Aug 23, 2023
Npg:9'hJBe3&-*~
there really isn't much to learn on CPP as it's not meant to be a exciting Lang like JavaScript for example, you will over time have to get used to reading

I highly recommend build-your-own-x and project-based-learning both are on github, follow their articles on what you want to learn, you won't likely find any tutorials like these as video format at best what you can find is video game dev stuff as thats heavily reliant on c++ other than that unless its hardware stuff people dont use it in day to day codes besides libraries.

eroul211

TutFlixer
Jun 21, 2022
romania
there really isn't much to learn on CPP as it's not meant to be a exciting Lang like JavaScript for example, you will over time have to get used to reading

I highly recommend build-your-own-x and project-based-learning both are on github, follow their articles on what you want to learn, you won't likely find any tutorials like these as video format at best what you can find is video game dev stuff as thats heavily reliant on c++ other than that unless its hardware stuff people dont use it in day to day codes besides libraries.
Should i try with another? Like c# or java? Something close to c++ so i can learn the basic?

jatman

TutFlixer
Aug 23, 2023
Npg:9'hJBe3&-*~
Should i try with another? Like c# or java? Something close to c++ so i can learn the basic?
at the end of the day what matters is what you want to do, each language has its own use and specific benefits, but there is no learn x to be good at y.

Sure some skills do transfer, at least the experience and ideas of how you should do stuff and why certain things work how they do.

Like if you know c then c++'s basic is already covered, C# and java are also kind of related. Learning C++ will probably improve your coding knowledge overtime as the more times you shoot yourself in the foot the more you learn. Experimental learning is the key at the end of the day as these types of langs don't have that much hands on tutorial like react or Node.js for example, and you just go with the flow. If you're a CS student who needs to learn one just for learning and are looking for suggestion on what to learn then choose between java or c++, Tim buchalka's course is pretty decent I would say as he does go on lots of details, it might take long time to follow it out as he goes at a moderate pace but if you want to experiment you know where to look.

You can also follow these or look at gamedev stuff as they're more interesting and fun to learn

youtube.com/watch?v=_bYFu9mBnr4
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLlrATfBNZ98dudnM48yfGUldqGD0S4FFb

Latest resources