Study/Coding for 9 hours how you do it?

General Rules

• This Forum Rules:
    1. No asking for course requests or download links.
    2. Don't share links to other websites for downloads or references.
    3. Avoid controversial topics in discussions.

4. Use an appropriate thread title that matches your content, not just a word.

Other Forum Rules Can Be Found Here

Dandy

TutFlixer
Oct 9, 2020
Greenalnd
I am gonna give an advice for people addicted or distributed by their mobile while trying to study. Install this app
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
and lock every app that you use for more than 5 minutes, basically what I keep are things like maps, calculator, Spotify etc. What's great about the app after you give it permission the only way to stop it is to format your phone.

Locking could be a full block for a period of time, or an allowance time, then blocking. I block most apps most of the week, even things like browsers, YouTube. I recommend this for people with low self-control.

liaison

TutFlixer
Dec 8, 2021
Barcelona
I wake up at 6AM, so I give myself three hours to work before most people get into work. By 9AM I start to feel hungry so I get breakfast, and maybe even allow myself to go back to sleep until about midday. By 1PM, I'm up and about, and spending another three hours until 3-4PM. By 6pm I study again for as little or as long as I like until I go to bed at about 10PM. Sometimes I do an hour, other times I do four. It depends.

TL;DR - I sleep a lot

SoulSurvivor7

TutFlixer
Dec 19, 2020
What if you have A LOT of free time; don't like gaming. Don't hang out with friends etc etc.

I don't think there's anything wrong with long hours of studying. The more you do something, the more you build a habit out of it. And to me that's only a good thing.

If you want to be a developer. What's wrong with studying code for 9 or 10 hours a day ? Most people will tell you... start slow...just code for 3-4 hours a day. And go play Playstation for a few hours. Hang out with your friends. Enjoy life etc etc. Moderation isn't always a good thing... especially nowadays! If you want something bad enough. Don't be scared to be different, and go all in on your dreams.

Just make sure you eat healthy, take regular breaks, take walks (or exercise) and drink a lot of water.

Last edited:

faisaltar

TutFlixer
Dec 27, 2022
dubai
It can be challenging to focus on a task for 9 hours straight, especially if you are studying or coding. Here are some tips that might help you stay focused and productive:

1. Take breaks: It's important to give your brain a rest. Take short breaks every hour or so to stretch, grab a snack, or just take a few deep breaths. This can help you stay refreshed and focused.
  2. Change your environment: If you find that you are getting distracted in your current environment, try changing it up. Go to a library, coffee shop, or park to work. Sometimes a change of scenery can help boost your productivity.
  3. Set specific goals: Having specific goals in mind can help you stay focused and motivated. Write down the tasks you need to complete and make a plan for how you will accomplish them. This can help you stay on track and avoid getting overwhelmed.
  4. Stay hydrated and well-fed: Make sure you are getting enough water and nourishment throughout the day. Being thirsty or hungry can make it difficult to concentrate.
  5. Use productivity tools: There are many tools and apps available that can help you stay focused and on track. Some popular ones include the Pomodoro Technique, Freedom, and StayFocusd.
I hope these tips are helpful! Remember to also be kind to yourself and try to find balance in your work. It's okay to take breaks and give yourself some time to relax and recharge.

OrteRInD

Premium User
Premium
TutFlixer
Nov 9, 2020
NewCity
because you don't do something like that, it requires brain and brain gets tried, work for like 1-2 hrs, waste one hour, try again, etc etc. Also changing context of mind is what helps when you are stuck, not bashing your brain for hours.

devOps19

TutFlixer
Apr 11, 2021
Turkey
Working in chunks of time with regular breaks helps out a lot. While studying stay hydrated, get up and walk around for couple of minutes to keep the blood flowing. I realized that having an end goal in mind helps out as well .

whoopty_hoops

TutFlixer
May 28, 2021
India
How do you guys be able to study for 9 hours straight without falling asleep or getting out of focus?
thats a myth my friend. Can you play/eat/run ..... for straight 9 hours ?? There are people who can focus for a long duration of period but they are few. Most of us cant do an activity over a long duration of period without taking a break unless you are in the flow or doing something you truly love but even then u need breaks. Lets say you start doing something for 9 + hrs trust me you will break down in under 2 weeks. The burn out will be bad. Instead of focusing on the number maybe focus on the journey. Instead of focusing on the numbers truly understand what you are doing. Similarly, with programming, understand what you are doing instead of forcing it into hours. You are going to exhaust your brain. You will get tired out and your cognitive function will slow down. I used to code for long hours and shared the same mentality as most of us do when we begin this journey (being over ambitious), until only recently few months back I felt the burn out. It really exhausted me and broke me down.

If you keep on forcing yourself to program for long hours you will start to hate it and even if you don't end up loathing it I am 100% sure out of that 9 hour session you logged in, only the first 2-3 hours would have been useful before your brain cries out "ok I am done and out......". For the rest of the hours, what happens is that you end up wasting your time staring straight at the screen, struggling to understand whats being said and end up running through alot of rewinds and replays before you finally mange to digest the video being played or content being read or lines being code. You also end up forgetting nearly all of it the very same day.

Given that you are working 9 hours is impossible, however if you are a student maybe you can bring in around 6 hours. However, break your 6 hours into sessions. Like each session being a 2 hr long session of programming, so you end up havin 3 sessions. Between the sessions maybe nap, get a workout in, chat with your family/friends or just go outdoors, feel some sun, or maybe chip in, an episode of a tv series in between if your eyes aren't weary. Even within each session take mini 5 mins break after every 30-40 mins.

BTW have mercy on your eyes lol. Eye wear out is a real thing hahaha.

Take it easy everyone, dont overdo it

Last edited:

SudoKun

Always keep your focus on the good things.
TutFlixer
Nov 17, 2023
Venezuela
I also have the same question as OP, I just recently hit a huge burnout that led me waste 2 weeks after a few weeks of focus and somewhat efficient study time, about 6hrs/day. I replaning how I'll handle it.

SudoKun

Always keep your focus on the good things.
TutFlixer
Nov 17, 2023
Venezuela
OP please don't fall for the myth that studying/working for 9+ hours with focus it's unreachable, IT IS TOTALLY DOABLE, and you and I and many of us will acomplished it!

So I've been thinking about more since you posted this threat and did a quick query on youtube and found this. It's in spanish but i'm pretty sure you can manage to understand the message given with english generated subs.

These are some videos I just watched that have real starting pointst and good advices on how to acomplished by people WHO ARE ALREADY DOING IT, so hope it helps.

here's one example

Latest resources