Study/Coding for 9 hours how you do it?

General Rules

• This Forum Rules:
    1. No asking for course requests or download links.
    2. Don't share links to other websites for downloads or references.
    3. Avoid controversial topics in discussions.

4. Use an appropriate thread title that matches your content, not just a word.

Other Forum Rules Can Be Found Here

kraken

Premium User
Premium
TutFlixer
Dec 10, 2020
Frontier
I don't think one can maintain focus for that long. You are risking burnout, in which case you might not be able to do it for a long time afterwards or worse - start hating the whole thing.

Anyway, pomodoro timer is good - 20-25 minutes bursts of focus with 5-10 minutes rest in between. Notifications and social media off. That way you'll be able to make a lot of progress in only 4 hours (quality vs quantity).

Remember to defocus, especially if you go for 9 hours - walks in nature or wherever, naps also work (playing video games doesn't count as defocusing). We only have limited amount of focus each day, so be careful what you spend it on (social media also takes away from one's focus)

Last but not least - slow and steady wins the race.

Good luck!

Lucaa

TutFlixer
Sep 2, 2022
North Korea
Have a anti-goal rather having a goal, be sure what you wanna archive by the end of hours. Split into sessions with breaks in between and each session should be specific about the thing you are gonna do eg. In first session I'll read the docs of Google api and in following I'll try implementing it..
Don't depend on motivation!
Stay hydrated!

yogeshwaran

TutFlixer
Jan 18, 2022
india
Guys give me a suggestion what is the best way to learn DSA ,
i am tired of watching vedios ,still i can not able to make it...
pls pls.....

demt

Premium User
Premium
TutFlixer
Jun 25, 2021
Taiwan
If you want to be efficient you need to take breaks after a long focus session and have optimal level of focus when you study, so to answer your question, you just need to either not study hard or find an easier topic to study.

• Love
Reactions: John Murphy

SoulSurvivor7

TutFlixer
Dec 19, 2020
When i had a lot of free time in the summer.

I studied 4 x 2 hour sessions for a few weeks (8h every day).
I walked 30 mins after every session. And drank a lot of water. Also make sure you eat healthy.

And it worked for me.

My focus wasn't perfect all the times. But i don't think you should aim for perfect focus anyway. If you love what you doing, and have the time. Just go for it.

9 hours of study is better than 9 hours of gaming or 9 hours of scrolling useless social media videos.

teekman

TutFlixer
Jun 18, 2022
USA
9 hours study is too much - even great Philosophers like Carl Jung would go in to their study chambers for about 4 hours a day. But 4 quality hours of DEEP WORK.

The aim is not to overdo your capacity, but the aim is to be consistent and be a coder in your daily life. Your brain needs rest too. Besides, enjoy other aspects of life, friends and family too.

Good luck!

mahmood_567

TutFlixer
Sep 8, 2022
US
Guys give me a suggestion what is the best way to learn DSA ,
i am tired of watching vedios ,still i can not able to make it...
pls pls.....
Go to LeetCode start reading problems , understand then Plan and try to find the solution.
Now try to code. Now optimize it. its not end. Then read others solution. Just repeat.

Latest resources