About Competitive programming

General Rules

• This Forum Rules:
    1. No asking for course requests or download links.
    2. Don't share links to other websites for downloads or references.
    3. Avoid controversial topics in discussions.

4. Use an appropriate thread title that matches your content, not just a word.

Other Forum Rules Can Be Found Here

rishu2022

Invest if you can afford it. Always.😎
TutFlixer
Oct 6, 2020
Google
So Coding Ninjas "competitive programming" is best ?
I think they are great.

70% of competitive programming is practice, though! Practice is the only thing that'll help you internalize the optimal algorithms and data structures that're to be used in different sets of problems. By practice, I imply passionate practice, taking part in competitions, time bound tests, exposing self to different types of problems, etc. No video course will teach you that.

darkentropy

Premium User
Premium
TutFlixer
Sep 7, 2020
Mustafar
I think they are great.

70% of competitive programming is practice, though! Practice is the only thing that'll help you internalize the optimal algorithms and data structures that're to be used in different sets of problems. By practice, I imply passionate practice, taking part in competitions, time bound tests, exposing self to different types of problems, etc. No video course will teach you that.
Absolutely, Would love to add more on this beautiful advice.
IMO dont take any CP course because it wont help you much. They'll teach you all the fancy stuff but that will be not needed when you are a beginner, for example you wont need stuff like Convex hull or Mo's algo until you are above 1600+ on CF and getting there is pretty tough already. Start with basic DSA if you are a beginner and after you are comfortable with the basic DSA then start practicing beginner level CF problems and if you are stuck on a problem read the editorials and find out what algo/approach it needed that you werent able to think- thats how you can become a master. CF is about consistency and practice memorizing algos wont make you a red on CF but might ake you red in front of your interviewer :p

Vishnu.S

TutFlixer
Apr 1, 2021
India
Absolutely, Would love to add more on this beautiful advice.
IMO dont take any CP course because it wont help you much. They'll teach you all the fancy stuff but that will be not needed when you are a beginner, for example you wont need stuff like Convex hull or Mo's algo until you are above 1600+ on CF and getting there is pretty tough already. Start with basic DSA if you are a beginner and after you are comfortable with the basic DSA then start practicing beginner level CF problems and if you are stuck on a problem read the editorials and find out what algo/approach it needed that you werent able to think- thats how you can become a master. CF is about consistency and practice memorizing algos wont make you a red on CF but might ake you red in front of your interviewer :p
CF ?

encephalitis

TutFlixer
Nov 4, 2020
india
i have tried coding blocks , coding ninjas , gfg , codechef almost all competitive programming courses that to ever exist
my opinion is dont even learn from those , those are fragile knowledge in simple terms those people who will teach us are pro's and would have practised 1000 of hours, they will teach us only the tricks with those tricks we wont be able to solve any unfamiliar problem

try this:
take coding blocks graph course (its really good)
and then go to SPOJ and try to do problems categorised under bfs :p you will understand then

Latest resources