Help Downloading Large Shared Folder From GDrive

General Rules

• This Forum Rules:
    1. No asking for course requests or download links.
    2. Don't share links to other websites for downloads or references.
    3. Avoid controversial topics in discussions.

4. Use an appropriate thread title that matches your content, not just a word.

Other Forum Rules Can Be Found Here

optimisticnilhist

TutFlixer
Jan 21, 2022
planet
I am trying to download a folder from google drive which has been shared. There is a option to download the folder but no option for importing to my drive. My internet connection is not so good and google drive initiates 6-7 downloads at the same time and none of them completes and the download fails.

How do you guys handle this?

Ahmadns

TutFlixer
Mar 18, 2021
ISB
I am trying to download a folder from google drive which has been shared. There is a option to download the folder but no option for importing to my drive. My internet connection is not so good and google drive initiates 6-7 downloads at the same time and none of them completes and the download fails.

How do you guys handle this?
I use idm. Even mine stops sometimes. But with idm you can start from where it stopped.

Reactions: kartooncty007

cantoon

TutFlixer
Sep 4, 2021
Viet Nam
I'm using Rclone to copy from large share folder to TeamDrive (you need TeamDrive), then I'm use app Airexplorer to download to hardisk. When you log on yours gmail with already have TeamDrive, Airexplorer will recognize it.

burningthihi

TutFlixer
Dec 18, 2020
Vietnam
I'm using Rclone to copy from large share folder to TeamDrive (you need TeamDrive), then I'm use app Airexplorer to download to hardisk. When you log on yours gmail with already have TeamDrive, Airexplorer will recognize it.
why not just rclone to your hard disk? :D

burningthihi

TutFlixer
Dec 18, 2020
Vietnam
rclone can copy TeamDrive to TeamDrive upto ~200 MB/s, if you have that speed connection try it 😅
What I meant is that, why you rclone from shared folder to team drive, and then use Airexplorer to download to hard disk?
Instead you can just rclone the shared folder directly to your hard disk

cantoon

TutFlixer
Sep 4, 2021
Viet Nam
What I meant is that, why you rclone from shared folder to team drive, and then use Airexplorer to download to hard disk?
Instead you can just rclone the shared folder directly to your hard disk
As I said! Depend anyway, maybe download directly with small folder, and with large folder like 10T; you can't download at once command to hard disk.

Latest resources