IOS devs, how did you learn?

General Rules

• This Forum Rules:
    1. No asking for course requests or download links.
    2. Don't share links to other websites for downloads or references.
    3. Avoid controversial topics in discussions.

4. Use an appropriate thread title that matches your content, not just a word.

Other Forum Rules Can Be Found Here

capshield

TutFlixer
Jan 20, 2021
US
I'm taking Angela Yu's course, but I'm getting stuck on the Auto Layout challenge for the calculator and it's making me feel like I can't grasp something as simple as layout..

Is there any other resource you guys used to learn?
I'm trying IOS to see if I like it more than web development. I kept getting stuck with JS, even after learning so much. I could never think of anything good to make. I don't know. I am having more fun learning IOS though.
Any advice would be helpful.

encephalitis

TutFlixer
Nov 4, 2020
india
Angela Yu's, academind guy both run a shady network i think they have huge good compliments on their course but their content isn't worth a single penny , i too took these courses but didnt work well , only wasted my time on these

and in terms of javascript , try frontend masters they are course is brilliant , it teaches indepth and cleared alot of confusion!
you can find frontend masters js course here on tutflix
:D :) hope it helps

Reactions: Mritunjay

a__owens

TutFlixer
Oct 21, 2020
Montserrat
I'm looking for the answer to that same question right now and I feel like this video by Paul Hudson clarified it a bit :

encephalitis

TutFlixer
Nov 4, 2020
india
Hi

encephalitis

I am studying frotnend as of now , but I dont have much in-depth knowledge in javascript , can you suggest me some course in frotnend masters ?
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
these above two courses are amazing , it is covered indepth of the hardest concepts (really not)

prior to this , this isnt a beginners friendly course , its all about the JS engine
you can use colt steele course for pure functional javascript learning :D

hope it helps

rishu2022

Invest if you can afford it. Always.😎
TutFlixer
Oct 6, 2020
Google
Angela Yu's, academind guy both run a shady network i think they have huge good compliments on their course but their content isn't worth a single penny , i too took these courses but didnt work well , only wasted my time on these

and in terms of javascript , try frontend masters they are course is brilliant , it teaches indepth and cleared alot of confusion!
you can find frontend masters js course here on tutflix
:D :) hope it helps
Buddy, they don't charge much on Udemy, so I don't judge them. Academind's Angular course was really good for the price I paid (personal experience). Very few comprehensive introductory Angular courses out there. And I think Angela's 100 days of coding in Python is amazing as well. I've gone thought a couple of lectures. A noob will get a proper handle of Python after 100 days is what I felt. The course structure was very professional. Not bad at all!

When compared to what Indian coaching institutes charge for these courses (north of 20k) -- @ Hyderabad, Delhi, Bangalore -- these guys seem to be doing public service 😂, if you ask me. Frontend Masters is not that cheap if you go the buying full subscription route. So all in all, credits where due!

Hell! I stumbled upon an Indian machine learning course offered by some Chennai institute that charges 75k Rs for certification when Stanford professors like Andrew NG basically offer it for free on YT and Coursera! If everything was left to the Indian market, most people would be shut-off from very professional courses that we can nowadays tap into otherwise thanks to the internet!

encephalitis

TutFlixer
Nov 4, 2020
india
Buddy, they don't charge much on Udemy, so I don't judge them. Academind's Angular course was really good for the price I paid (personal experience). Very few comprehensive introductory Angular courses out there. And I think Angela's 100 days of coding in Python is amazing as well. I've gone thought a couple of lectures. A noob will get a proper handle of Python after 100 days is what I felt. The course structure was very professional. Not bad at all!

When compared to what Indian coaching institutes charge for these courses (north of 20k) -- @ Hyderabad, Delhi, Bangalore -- these guys seem to be doing public service 😂, if you ask me. Frontend Masters is not that cheap if you go the buying full subscription route. So all in all, credits where due!

Hell! I stumbled upon an Indian machine learning course offered by some Chennai institute that charges 75k Rs for certification when Stanford professors like Andrew NG basically offer it for free on YT and Coursera! If everything was left to the Indian market, most people would be shut-off from very professional courses that we can nowadays tap into otherwise thanks to the internet!
i tried out their Angela Yu's (flutter) and Academind guy(React) highly disappointed lemme try the latter and will surely change my views :D

anyways, angular or react ? which one you say in good

Reactions: rishu2022

rishu2022

TutFlixer
Oct 6, 2020
Google
i tried out their Angela Yu's (flutter) and Academind guy(React) highly disappointed lemme try the latter and will surely change my views :D

anyways, angular or react ? which one you say in good
I'll say Angular should be a consideration only after you've tried learning React and 'not' enjoyed it. So, according to me one should go with React! People tend to enjoy it. Angular is too opinionated (less degrees of freedom). React has tons of learning material out there. Another plus!

I'm saying people praise them because for the price at what they offer these courses, they are really delivering a lot of value. You do have to change gears once you finish them. No one in the market will teach you 100 days of Python if you give them ₹450/- only. Lol. 😃

Reactions: tukumish

rishu2022

TutFlixer
Oct 6, 2020
Google
@encephalitis btw buddy, could you recommend me a couple of great React courses? You seem to have good experience on React. By 'great', I mean I should be able to self-implement a project of my own to put on my resume. Any other recommendations along with it based on your experiences would also be great!

encephalitis

TutFlixer
Nov 4, 2020
india
@encephalitis btw buddy, could you recommend me a couple of great React courses? You seem to have good experience on React. By 'great', I mean I should be able to self-implement a project of my own to put on my resume. Any other recommendations along with it based on your experiences would also be great!
i could recommend but how much javascript you know ?
you can also choose from web dev simplified react and his course is super simple

the problem is react can be done using class based and function based
and reusable components can be done using materialUI framework

so far i haven't found a one stop solution for react
i'd bet on learning whole javascript in depth and go for react

:D hope it helps

Reactions: rishu2022

rishu2022

TutFlixer
Oct 6, 2020
Google
i could recommend but how much javascript you know ?
you can also choose from web dev simplified react and his course is super simple

the problem is react can be done using class based and function based
and reusable components can be done using materialUI framework

so far i haven't found a one stop solution for react
i'd bet on learning whole javascript in depth and go for react

:D hope it helps
About 3 months JS deep. Rest I don't know how to measure my knowledge. You can say, I'm not a beginner at least.

Would I be able to build a project from scratch after completing WebDevSimplied' course?

rbt5rl0

TutFlixer
Sep 8, 2020
Kalawakan
I'm taking Angela Yu's course, but I'm getting stuck on the Auto Layout challenge for the calculator and it's making me feel like I can't grasp something as simple as layout..

I'm trying IOS to see if I like it more than web development. I kept getting stuck with JS, even after learning so much. I could never think of anything good to make. I don't know. I am having more fun learning IOS though.

rbt5rl0

TutFlixer
Sep 8, 2020
Kalawakan
I am learning Dart first before going more on the Flutter side of things.
I find these resources giving me inspiration to move on with Flutter.

Courses:

Some YouTube Flutter inspiration:

Reactions: wordiedev

Latest resources