Need help to start Android Development: Working in Non-tech currently

General Rules

• This Forum Rules:
    1. No asking for course requests or download links.
    2. Don't share links to other websites for downloads or references.
    3. Avoid controversial topics in discussions.

4. Use an appropriate thread title that matches your content, not just a word.

Other Forum Rules Can Be Found Here

vikalp816

TutFlixer
Dec 19, 2020
India
Hello People,

Thanks for reading this thread, I was about to post on Linked in about it. Then I don't want my Ex to see that post so She could think "I am nothing and useless".

Jokes apart, I am thinking to myself about what I am doing with my career right now.

So, I did BCA in 2013 and was a Microsoft certified C# and .Net Developer till then, I was good at developing and coding beautiful Windows forms apps as well as websites.
Due to some financial crisis, I joined a BPO in 2014 and till now I can't move forward and be positioned at the same stage as a Customer service executive. The only difference is I started as a domestic agent and am currently in International BPO.

Life here sucks, I am going to be 29, next year.

For 2 years I am trying to switch my career and want to go back in the year 2013 to switch to my core, A Developer.

I lost everything which I learned in BCA and started learning Java and learned core concepts and then I started learning Kotlin and Android from a good course(Thanks to TutFlix).

I learned for 1-2 months and then because of work stress or any other issues I lost my way and forgot everything that I learned. This happened to me 2-3 times in these years. I am serious and I want to be more serious about it, But don't know if is it anxiety or my self-suppression that stops me to move and learn.

I also doubt myself every day, What if no one will give me a Job? What if I will stick to this BPO 40k Job? So many things on my mind.

I watched several videos, but nothing helped. I keep on switching courses as I don't know what will help me to get a Job.

I will appreciate it if any of you can guide me by sharing your experience or a roadmap, Even if you can tell me I am on the wrong road!

I loved developing apps, The basic TicTacToe app which I made by watching the courses, I still use and love it. I may be sounding away from my mind.

Few questions in my mind:

1). Do I need to learn Core+Advance Java l/Kotlin?
2). Do I need to do DSA, if yes? then is it in Kotlin or Java?
3). What path and courses to follow that explain from basic to advance but complete?
4). What to learn and what will be the roadmap?
4). Do someone will hire me after I learn Android?
5). What salary I can expect initially and after 1-2 years?

Please help me reach for something from nothing!

Thanks & Regards

@admin @TUTProfessor pls approve 🙏

Last edited:

Latest resources