Recommended courses for freelancing (webdev)?

General Rules

• This Forum Rules:
    1. No asking for course requests or download links.
    2. Don't share links to other websites for downloads or references.
    3. Avoid controversial topics in discussions.

4. Use an appropriate thread title that matches your content, not just a word.

Other Forum Rules Can Be Found Here

jzzy33

TutFlixer
Feb 7, 2022
Poland
Hello guys. I am frontend developer, currently working as Vue Developer. I have small commercial experience (1 year).
I want to make some extra money and I am thinking about freelancing. Do you recommend any courses that can help me making money with my skills? I am thinking about freelancing, but I don't have any idea how to start so I am looking for good and reliable courses

kraken

Premium User
Premium
TutFlixer
Dec 10, 2020
Frontier
In my opinion, look for courses that focus on networking and social skills. Vanessa van Edwards has a great course, also Keith Ferrazzi -- I think you can find both of them here on TF. Foundr also have some free courses on networking, but I haven't tried them.

I don't think you need any courses in order to start. Look for friends/family who need help, if they don't, maybe they know someone who does.

If you are like me and you don't have reliable connections, go on meetup and attend some events related to what you want to do. If you are in a big Polish city, there will be plenty of networking events taking place. Attend everything that catches your fancy, especially the entrepreneurial events as these people usually need web developers. Don't start pitching to people right off the bat, just make friends and have fun.

Now, if you are like me and you live in the middle of nowhere, you have a few options -- write online or attend virtual events/workshops. I got my first client by signing up for a course -- I participated in the discussion and a business owner noticed me, the rest is history.

Years ago, I knew a guy who was starting a business and he hired a 20-year old bartender with questionable experience just because she was cute.

Anyway, you can do this without courses. Good luck.

Latest resources