Your best books for self-improvement

General Rules

• This Forum Rules:
    1. No asking for course requests or download links.
    2. Don't share links to other websites for downloads or references.
    3. Avoid controversial topics in discussions.

4. Use an appropriate thread title that matches your content, not just a word.

Other Forum Rules Can Be Found Here

borke

TutFlixer
Dec 29, 2020
montenegro
List 3 self-improvement books that made the best impression on you.

My books ( Book name (author) - short description ) :
  1. How to win friends and influence people (Dale Carnegie) - One of the best books on relationships and communication with people.
  2. Rich dad,poor dad (Robert Kiyosaki) - The difference in the handling of money at the rich and poor people.
  3. Eat that Frog (Bryan Tracy) - 21 great ways to stop procrastinating.

imraxstar

TutFlixer
Sep 12, 2020
Mars
hey pratibha, i was curious for this reality transfuring, searched for it on google. I want to ask from in the most simplest manner what is this all about. I personally have a headache with self help. I love it, but only when it came from the greatest minds. I don't know about any of you, but i have a mindset of reading/watching/listening only to those 0.1 % of the people in every area of life, be it a great youtuber, great blooger, great course, great book, author - i mean truly the greatest mind. I never listen, read, watch from someone who is average, above average - i find people to learn from only those 0.1% who gives ultimate breakthrough knowledge.
I have discovered only 7-8 these great peoples, in health, fitness, paintings, marketing, storytelling filmmaking, songwriting, directing, writing - i have discovered amazing things from these great fields and i am 110% passionate about each of them.
So i am asking you is this guy author of reality transfuring worth? I am asking you because i have never read any of his books - but it looks very promising looking at amazon reviews, that's why i am asking you.
Your answer stuck me, other people have written here brian tracy - which us useless i feel, no great persons has ever recommended his books, sales tactics, he is just another guru, not a breakthrough person
Yes james clear, cal newport is in .01% of the people. Amazing people
dale carnegi is brilliant

jedipower

TutFlixer
Sep 11, 2020
UK
If you think Brian Tracy is just another guru, I think you should ask yourself how you came to that conclusion. I sincerely do hope you understand that most billionaires don't have time to go around recommending books.

imraxstar

TutFlixer
Sep 12, 2020
Mars
@jedipower i personally do not have negative feelings for him, he is great for you, but he is not for me.
Look my friend, i know, the point at which someone break the belief of something which you believe in for a long time hurts, it hurts. It hurts badly, but the end we need to come to reality and truth.
Motivational lines, emotional lines, great heart touching lines feels and looks brilliant, but except this nothing will happen. Trust me, at the end your skills matter.
Motivational books, videos are good only when you are doing something which originated from your interest and inspired you and then you stuck in midway - then motivation required.
He is just a motivational speaker - then started businesses around the same - then started coaching business persons - outsourced his major books mosty which have same old generic advice

Never ever trust anyone who build a business around motivational self help. Self help is not bad, but from whom you are learning matters.
certainly It's not for me, you have totally freedom, do what you heart say. If you are getting help from him - go for it, do not even for a one second listen to me

jedipower

TutFlixer
Sep 11, 2020
UK
@imraxstar yeah, that's why I haven't read self-help books in like 15 years.

All self-help, productivity and habit books written today are just old advice rehashed to fill the pages. Nothing new.

If you feel you need to read more books (or listen to more people) about the same thing to motivate yourself, that's a dangerous and very unproductive loop. Not going to make you successful.

All you really need are goals, understand what you need to do to reach those goals, and then it's just a matter of having the willingness to do whatever it takes to reach those goals.

Reactions: imraxstar

imraxstar

TutFlixer
Sep 12, 2020
Mars
@jedipower Yes yes, glad you got my point. My advice to everyone - read/watch/listen to only from the greatest minds.
Do not read/listen/watch to everyone, only a handful of people in every field are enough to bring 95% results.
Read 100 greatest book again and again, absorb them, do not just read them - understand them, think deeply the concept and you will be among those people one day.
Again, thanx man for understanding my point

jedipower

TutFlixer
Sep 11, 2020
UK
@imraxstar Correct.

I'll add two more points:

1. Self-development happens in the real world. Test what your read about in books there, and then go back and re-read if need be.

2. Most successful people have not written books, and are out there in the real world, so go out and meet more people and learn what they're doing that's working for them.

flamingass

TutFlixer
Jan 13, 2021
localghost
Psycho-Cybernetics, A New Way to Get More Living Out of Life

Quite underrated. Every single self-help book drives inspiration from this age old classic. I know that's a loaded statement, but it is just as true.

Reactions: imraxstar

Latest resources