Best javascript tutorial for indepth knowledge

General Rules

• This Forum Rules:
    1. No asking for course requests or download links.
    2. Don't share links to other websites for downloads or references.
    3. Avoid controversial topics in discussions.

4. Use an appropriate thread title that matches your content, not just a word.

Other Forum Rules Can Be Found Here

rishu2022

Invest if you can afford it. Always.😎
TutFlixer
Oct 6, 2020
Google
same here. it was my first js course that I took, left it midway especially the videos are too long. And will lost motivation on midway. That's why I never take Academind, Jonas, Zero to mastery courses.

academind is overrate tbh , it made me to hate react to the core and later discorvered its pretty simple

What's your recommendation for React?

rishu2022

Invest if you can afford it. Always.😎
TutFlixer
Oct 6, 2020
Google
For React I recommend to look codeevolution channel React playlist thoroughly especially where you'll learn basics of React at its best. Then for projects Traversy media udemy courses has 2-3 projects which almost covers everything on building fullstack applications with React.
Great! Noted.

cantoon

TutFlixer
Sep 4, 2021
Viet Nam
I forgot to mention this, as I left it midway (it was getting tiring, and I couldn't handle the information overload :ROFLMAO:). Probably the most comprehensive single course on JS on Udemy. Yup, it's a great one as well.

A good project using JS:
Same to me! I really try to complete this course in two month, but I can't! Even though that's seem he explains a lot, but just watch lecture only it's hard to understand for me, ...need to search keyword for addtional learning. This course really thorough, but I guess I've to comback and do project later when my coding skill is better:)

CodeVj

TutFlixer
Apr 5, 2021
Web
How many courses by webdev simplified i am confuse like with projects or basic?.

Swastik

TutFlixer
Nov 11, 2021
India
How many courses by webdev simplified i am confuse like with projects or basic?.
He has 3 courses:
( CSS, Javascript - Beginner and Advanced, React. )
I don't know about React, but his CSS course is zero to advance, where he teaches by making projects and then gives us a project to try, after that he builds it and tells to compare.
I find his teaching very nice and easy to understand.
If you don't know CSS just give him a try.

CodeVj

TutFlixer
Apr 5, 2021
Web
He has 3 courses:
( CSS, Javascript - Beginner and Advanced, React. )
I don't know about React, but his CSS course is zero to advance, where he teaches by making projects and then gives us a project to try, after that he builds it and tells to compare.
I find his teaching very nice and easy to understand.
If you don't know CSS just give him a try.
Ok bro thanks

D

Deleted member 20499

For a deeper understanding on how it works checkout frontendmasters courses.

Xaxx

TutFlixer
Sep 14, 2020
Eragon
i am beginner to JS , i am stumbling upon Promises and stuff , does any know a comprehensive course on that ?
No course will make you good but practice and applying them in real life projects. though you can use a few good courses as base/supplement.
If you want to understand Promises - You need to understand these topics and build small code snippets/project and practice. I'm listing out them below -

You need to understand why something is there at first place. I'd suggest you to check on these APIs before you even jump into more nitty gritty stuffs.

Step 1:
0 - Start with timer functions inside of JavaScript: setTimeout(), setInterval()
1 - XHR API and how to use it to make an API call
2 - Know a bit about JSON, Http (Headers and Status Codes) and Web Services (Especially REST APIs)
3 - Know a bit about SOP (same origin policies) and CORS (cross origin resource sharing)
4 - Check on Fetch API and how it works: basic examples, then, catch, finally and just know about method signatures
5 - Check on Open source APIs you can use (search "Postman Open source APIS" or "Open source free APIs" and use it with XHR and Fetch APIs

Step 2:
1 - How browser runs the code?
2 - Process & Thread ?
3 - Sync & Async ?
4 - Blocking & Non-blocking ?
5 - Basics of Queue, Stacks & Heaps ?
6 - Event Loop, Macro Task, Micro Tasks, Micro task queue, Macro task queue ?
7 - Know a bit more about setTimout, setInterval , xhr and fetch APIs, other Asynchronous DOM APIs
8 - Understand how callbacks can be used to solve situations when the value that's supposed to be evaluated may take some time, Learn Error and success handling
9 - Understand demerits of Callbacks (Callback hell, inversion control and unmaintainable code)
10 - Promise as replacement of Callbacks for API which is based on Promise (eg: Fetch)
11 - Understand Methods available on Promise (6 methods) and how to use them, Promisification, Error and success handling
12 - Demerits of Promise and Evolution of Async/Await model to have more readability to your code.
13 - Learn about Async Functions, Await statement, Learn how you'll handle common day to day Async operations using this.
14 - Generators as new model to pause on operation that might take some time and respond with success/failure after some time, Learn a bit about Iterator too
15 - Do examples on how you'd use it to handle async code, understand merits, demerits etc
16 - Intermediate topics you may try to learn or just check basics: Workers and creating separate threads for heavy computing operations, limitations and options.Observables and third party libraries to handle async operations inside of JavaScript.

Hope it helps.

Latest resources