India College confusion for MCA

General Rules

• This Forum Rules:
    1. No asking for course requests or download links.
    2. Don't share links to other websites for downloads or references.
    3. Avoid controversial topics in discussions.

4. Use an appropriate thread title that matches your content, not just a word.

Other Forum Rules Can Be Found Here

Subh

TutFlixer
Jun 15, 2021
Bangladesh
Should i get admission on decent/reputed college in other state or Should i get Private college in Bengaluru and explore jobs by myself for MCA.

Ishan09

TutFlixer
Apr 29, 2022
ishan123???
I also wanted to ask same query, I am getting admission in symbiosis in msc ca programme and mca in manipal university. But I think that college is waste of time, i was considering doing online mca or something online course that would be less time wasting. I do not know what to do , can anyone suggest, just completed my bca but have no job right now, I am looking for jobs in companies. ? Any suggestions would be appreciated ?

Reactions: jéét

Subh

TutFlixer
Jun 15, 2021
Bangladesh
I also wanted to ask same query, I am getting admission in symbiosis in msc ca programme and mca in manipal university. But I think that college is waste of time, i was considering doing online mca or something online course that would be less time wasting. I do not know what to do , can anyone suggest, just completed my bca but have no job right now, I am looking for jobs in companies. ? Any suggestions would be appreciated ?
bro do offline MCA degree do have value fir now . which college IDK but degree does matter dont get misslead if you follow Hitesh choudhary he have told this manny time degree have value .

Reactions: Ishan09

CodeVj

TutFlixer
Apr 5, 2021
Web
If you are getting college in top 10 colleges then not problem but if you are taking admission in balance college then i think its not work. I am not Elon musk but the college is full waste of time and money. Work on your skill make you unbeatable. If you are targeting MNCs this suggestion may be not work for you because many startup gives 2x stipend as intern. It's totally depend on you what you want to. This is just way to look. College not teach you how to make money skill will give you money.... 👍
Happy Learning

Reactions: YouLove

naijatask

TutFlixer
Jun 15, 2021
Canada
If you are getting college in top 10 colleges then not problem but if you are taking admission in balance college then i think its not work. I am not Elon musk but the college is full waste of time and money. Work on your skill make you unbeatable. If you are targeting MNCs this suggestion may be not work for you because many startup gives 2x stipend as intern. It's totally depend on you what you want to. This is just way to look. College not teach you how to make money skill will give you money.... 👍
Happy Learning
Nice insight! I'll like to keep tabs on you...

DosyPree

TutFlixer
Oct 23, 2021
India
1. The reality is, even after finishing your MCA on either online or offline, you still need to learn in-demand skills in any domain of your choice like web dev or mobile dev or MLAI or ML Data Science etc. Without these skills, your MCA is basically useless because nobody will give you well paying job just because you got an MCA degree.

2. So if you are getting into a good national level MCA college like NIT or VIT or Manipal etc, I would say do get into it, and in those 2 or 3 years of MCA, choose a domain of your interest and develop skills in that domain so well, that even god cant stop you from getting picked up from any top company.

3. If you want to do online MCA, make sure that it has good features, like placements drives, flexibility, great curriculum etc etc... I dont have experience with online degrees, but from what I have researched on the internet, to me personally Amity Online looks great for MCA. And also I myself am very interested in taking admission into Amity Online's MCA (MLAI) program. Another great one is Jain Online. There are no entrance exams to these and all you have to do is pay the fee and block your seat. And if you do an online MCA like this, you get hell of a lot of spare time for you to develop employable skills. You get tons of time even if you do offline degree too, it all depends on your self discipline and time management.

4. I am currently in final semester of B.Sc Comp Sci. I plan on doing MCA either in online or a good offline college. And my plan for the next two years of MCA is simple, there is a video by Coding Ninjas where they talk about what to learn to become a job-ready developer, Link is this:
My goal for the MCA 1st Year is to choose Full Stack Web Dev [MERN Stack] as my domain and basically master everything that is mentioned in the above video. Programming Basics, STL, OOPS, DSA, OS, DBMS, CN, System Design (both high and low level), Full Stack Web Dev (MERN), Great Projects, Aptitude, Soft Skills(will learn on nptel archive website), Competitive Programming.

This way, by the time I finish MCA 1st year, I will be completely a job-ready Full Stack Web Dev and Software Development Engineer-1. Guess what, that also means, I will be ready for Internships.

And ultimately in MCA 2nd Year I will do Internships, will compete in competitive programming contests regularly(also in 1st year aswell), will learn more advanced MERN stack skills like Microservices, Next JS, Docker and Kubernetes, PostgreSQL, Web3.0.
And most importantly, by the time I sit for campus placements, I must have had developed great projects on the tech skills I claim that I am proficient in, in my resume. Because you cant say to the interviewer that you know React(for example), you must show to the interviewer that you know React, how? through projects.

I will also keep an eye on many different Coding Competitions that happen all the way from causal to global level, like Code Kaze, Snack Down, Kick Start, Code Vita etc etc... This way I can develop a very impressive profile before my placement drives arrive.

Sorry for such a long reply, Im kind of too fu*k**g excited for the next 2 years of my life hehe, I have spent so much fu*k**g time to research about what are all the things I should learn etc etc to get into top companies be it product based or service based... Want to excel in my career so fu*k**g much! If you are still reading, you are certainly as passionate about getting a super job as I am! So plan well, be disciplined and you will achieve!
Have a great day!

Last edited:

ktxtre

TutFlixer
Oct 7, 2020
localhost
1. The reality is, even after finishing your MCA on either online or offline, you still need to learn in-demand skills in any domain of your choice like web dev or mobile dev or MLAI or ML Data Science etc. Without these skills, your MCA is basically useless because nobody will give you well paying job just because you got an MCA degree.

2. So if you are getting into a good national level MCA college like NIT or VIT or Manipal etc, I would say do get into it, and in those 2 or 3 years of MCA, choose a domain of your interest and develop skills in that domain so well, that even god cant stop you from getting picked up from any top company.

3. If you want to do online MCA, make sure that it has good features, like placements drives, flexibility, great curriculum etc etc... I dont have experience with online degrees, but from what I have researched on the internet, to me personally Amity Online looks great for MCA. And also I myself am very interested in taking admission into Amity Online's MCA (MLAI) program. Another great one is Jain Online. There are no entrance exams to these and all you have to do is pay the fee and block your seat. And if you do an online MCA like this, you get hell of a lot of spare time for you to develop employable skills. You get tons of time even if you do offline degree too, it all depends on your self discipline and time management.

4. I am currently in final semester of B.Sc Comp Sci. I plan on doing MCA either in online or a good offline college. And my plan for the next two years of MCA is simple, there is a video by Coding Ninjas where they talk about what to learn to become a job-ready developer, Link is this:
My goal for the MCA 1st Year is to choose Full Stack Web Dev [MERN Stack] as my domain and basically master everything that is mentioned in the above video. Programming Basics, STL, OOPS, DSA, OS, DBMS, CN, System Design (both high and low level), Full Stack Web Dev (MERN), Great Projects, Aptitude, Soft Skills(will learn on nptel archive website), Competitive Programming.

This way, by the time I finish MCA 1st year, I will be completely a job-ready Full Stack Web Dev and Software Development Engineer-1. Guess what, that also means, I will be ready for Internships.

And ultimately in MCA 2nd Year I will do Internships, will compete in competitive programming contests regularly(also in 1st year aswell), will learn more advanced MERN stack skills like Microservices, Next JS, Docker and Kubernetes, PostgreSQL, Web3.0.
And most importantly, by the time I sit for campus placements, I must have had developed great projects on the tech skills I claim that I am proficient in, in my resume. Because you cant say to the interviewer that you know React(for example), you must show to the interviewer that you know React, how? through projects.

I will also keep an eye on many different Coding Competitions that happen all the way from causal to global level, like Code Kaze, Snack Down, Kick Start, Code Vita etc etc... This way I can develop a very impressive profile before my placement drives arrive.

Sorry for such a long reply, Im kind of too fu*k**g excited for the next 2 years of my life hehe, I have spent so much fu*k**g time to research about what are all the things I should learn etc etc to get into top companies be it product based or service based... Want to excel in my career so fu*k**g much! If you are still reading, you are certainly as passionate about getting a super job as I am! So plan well, be disciplined and you will achieve!
Have a great day!

Last edited:

Ishan09

TutFlixer
Apr 29, 2022
ishan123???
I also wanted to ask same query, I am getting admission in symbiosis in msc ca programme and mca in manipal university. But I think that college is waste of time, i was considering doing online mca or something online course that would be less time wasting.

Have a great day!
@DosyPree thanks for such an in-depth response. My story is I had abroad plans but due to some personal reasons it got canceled and now I have a gap year and I am looking for an entry-level job. I also could not give entrance exams due to the uncertainty of getting my abroad plans cancel. However, I am getting admission to Manipal University and Symbiosis ( SICSR branch) which is the okayish branch for mca as compared to others. I am thinking of online mca, I want to ask you about these colleges, I also wish to work in product-based companies and upskill myself with the required skills of software engineer.

Actually, can you connect with me on telegram, we can talk in private, I want to you ask some queries.
My telegram id is @ishan_moorjmalani, please contact me there. it will be great help or you may give your telegram or other social id.

DosyPree

TutFlixer
Oct 23, 2021
India
@DosyPree thanks for such an in-depth response. My story is I had abroad plans but due to some personal reasons it got canceled and now I have a gap year and I am looking for an entry-level job. I also could not give entrance exams due to the uncertainty of getting my abroad plans cancel. However, I am getting admission to Manipal University and Symbiosis ( SICSR branch) which is the okayish branch for mca as compared to others. I am thinking of online mca, I want to ask you about these colleges, I also wish to work in product-based companies and upskill myself with the required skills of software engineer.

Actually, can you connect with me on telegram, we can talk in private, I want to you ask some queries.
My telegram id is @ishan_moorjmalani, please contact me there. it will be great help or you may give your telegram or other social id.
I think manipal is good but I have no clue about symbiosis. Sorry man, you mesg me here itself for any questions. And also, I'm a student myself so don't expect much knowledge from me lol.

Last edited:

Ishan09

TutFlixer
Apr 29, 2022
ishan123???
@DosyPree I have heard that manipal university is good for btech cse not mca, i got admission on merit without entrance exam , bro i do not think that manipal mca is good as you are claiming, do you have any friends or known person over there.

DosyPree

TutFlixer
Oct 23, 2021
India
@DosyPree I have heard that manipal university is good for btech cse not mca, i got admission on merit without entrance exam , bro i do not think that manipal mca is good as you are claiming, do you have any friends or known person over there.
Oh I see, not bro i don't have any... The way I'm reaching to a conclusion which college is good for mca is based on NIRF 2021 Engineering rankings, because there is no seperate ranking category for MCA.

Ishan09

TutFlixer
Apr 29, 2022
ishan123???
Oh I see, not bro i don't have any... The way I'm reaching to a conclusion which college is good for mca is based on NIRF 2021 Engineering rankings, because there is no seperate ranking category for MCA.
Yup, the only colleges which are good for mca are nits and jnu. Others are average and same. In Manipal, I have heard mca is not top notch or as reputed as btech manipal both are different. Preference will be given to btech cse students. It is better to upskill ourselves. That is why I am thinking of online mca but not sure which one to opt for.

DosyPree

TutFlixer
Oct 23, 2021
India
Yup, the only colleges which are good for mca are nits and jnu. Others are average and same. In Manipal, I have heard mca is not top notch or as reputed as btech manipal both are different. Preference will be given to btech cse students. It is better to upskill ourselves. That is why I am thinking of online mca but not sure which one to opt for.
Actually the other day I checked out the MCA syllabus of Thapar Punjab, and i absolutely fell in love with it. Do check it out. Thapar ranking on NIRF engg is top20 I guess, and it's application deadline is not reached yet.

jéét

TutFlixer
Sep 12, 2020
India
Yes right!
Online MCA is the best option now a days (not distance).
Many IT MNCs consider Online mode.

MCA from LPU
MCA from AMITY University

Reactions: Ishan09

DosyPree

TutFlixer
Oct 23, 2021
India
Yes right!

MCA from LPU
What about Jain online bro? I really liked their elective curriculum.
Imagine learning full stack web dev on Udemy, and doing mca with full stack specialization... ez pz top grades

jéét

TutFlixer
Sep 12, 2020
India
Yes you are right bro Jain University also will be good choice.

I like online education as I am working. Also I am pursuing MSC data science from Chandigarh University.

I did my MCA in distance mode before covid.
so few companies do not consider distance education. That's why I am pursuing masters again.
I am considering online education as after my research I got to know companies consider online education.
(this is for working professionals and someone can't relocate)

Ishan09

TutFlixer
Apr 29, 2022
ishan123???
Yes right!

MCA from LPU
what is difference between online and distance mca ? Can you tell me list of top online mca colleges apart from lpu and amity ? Online seems good to me for now.

DosyPree

TutFlixer
Oct 23, 2021
India
Yes you are right bro Jain University also will be good choice.

I like online education as I am working. Also I am pursuing MSC data science from Chandigarh University.

I did my MCA in distance mode before covid.
so few companies do not consider distance education. That's why I am pursuing masters again.
I am considering online education as after my research I got to know companies consider online education.
(this is for working professionals and someone can't relocate)
Very sad to hear that they didnt consider your distance mca. Msc data science online or offline bro? And so that means distance and online are not the same and are different?

jéét

TutFlixer
Sep 12, 2020
India
Very sad to hear that they didnt consider your dis Msc data science online or offline bro? And so that means distance and online are not the same and are different?
Yes I am pursuing Msc data science in online mode. Few private companies don't consider. I was selected in TCS but they put my profile on hold because I competed my MCA in distance mode. In covid online education came in light. now all companies consider online education also the course curriculum is same as off line.
TCS, wipro etc all IT MNCs are considering Online education.

Reactions: DosyPree

Latest resources