Need help in choosing a react course !

General Rules

• This Forum Rules:
    1. No asking for course requests or download links.
    2. Don't share links to other websites for downloads or references.
    3. Avoid controversial topics in discussions.

4. Use an appropriate thread title that matches your content, not just a word.

Other Forum Rules Can Be Found Here

princip

TutFlixer
Sep 10, 2020
USA
React Ecosystem has a bunch of stuffs that can overwhelm you. Try to check small courses and built small stuffs and expand on them.
To begin with these are topics you should look into -

React - Basic React APIs expanding it on React Intermediate/Advance APIs, focus on learning basic idioms and patterns.
React or Reach Router - Pick one and learn any of these.
Styling in React - Learn different ways you can style in React. Various solution ~ css module system, styled component, sass or a library like materialize or ant design
Handling Front-end data in an SPA: Solutions built into React : Component level State, App level state using context, reducer pattern. External package : Redux, Redux-thunk or Redux Saga to handle async data.

React Workflow -
Learn what a transpiler is (Babel is famous one) (just check on Youtube)
Learn basics of webpack (check colt steele youtube channel)
Learn basics of Linting using Eslint (check colt steele youtube channel or check Shasha vodnik from LinkedIn Learning courses on Linting)

Check on UI.dev and UltimateCourses.com

I. Do UI.dev and Read docs of React and related library .
II. Do "Styling in React" course by Todd Motto
III. Do "Testing in JavaScript" by Kent C dotts for testing (I don't know much about this one)

Once you're done with I and II, look no further on any courses and continue building stuffs and improving. *More courses* are not going to make you a better Developer.

Note:
Brush up on Basic functional programming and Prototype programming in JavaScript before taking on React + Es6 selected topics
No, you don't need TypeScript right of the bat.
Thank you for this input, it really helps moving me in the right direction.

mafizholk

build, production, ready
Staff member
TutFlixer
Jun 22, 2021
:)
First u need take care about "what is react" (look into react website). There have two option type of programming language, u should take care too. After all "looking what is react", u have basic information for choosing what u need about react. All react course here talk about practice make something.

Reancasts

TutFlixer
Dec 15, 2020
VM
I would say it all depends on your learning style. In my case, I have Epic React, I have Front End Masters courses (fundamental and Intermediate); I have watched Web Dev Simplified react course and his YouTube channel.
I would suggest you to watch this (Mobile and Web Development with React JS & Native & Angular) then have the above courses for further reference.

prince_singh

TutFlixer
Dec 4, 2020
planet
yes
A lot people say it's not beginner friendly so I am not really sure on whether to start with this one. Have you taken this course
yes you are right. got to eggshead website. and search react by kent. course is free to watch there. after that you can start from this course.

Latest resources