What are most impactful premium online courses(MAXIMUM THREE) you have successfully completed?

General Rules

• This Forum Rules:
    1. No asking for course requests or download links.
    2. Don't share links to other websites for downloads or references.
    3. Avoid controversial topics in discussions.

4. Use an appropriate thread title that matches your content, not just a word.

Other Forum Rules Can Be Found Here

sims0702

TutFlixer
Nov 4, 2020
Belgium
yoo @bogdan187 , quick question! Do you think that the odinproject is a good path without taking the ruby on rails path? I mean I don't know if ruby on rails is worth it and would better go for node.js I guess? but the full stack path on node.js for full stack is less elaborate than the ruby on rails one ,shoudl I still take it?

bogdan187

TutFlixer
Nov 10, 2020
Bosnia
@sims0702 yeah, why not? you will learn javascript, and as a beginner learning one programming language for frontend and backend is easier. Just stick with it, and don't jump on random courses :)

sims0702

TutFlixer
Nov 4, 2020
Belgium
@bogdan187 hahaha Thanks! but big problem now... I just learnt python, (just finished the classes module) and was also almost at classes on the full stack engineer path on CodeCademy and then suddenly thought that I should learn Python and take a course to understand the underlying concepts better,
but what I am thinking about now is... either going with the odin project or freecodecamp, because if you look at it.. codecademy is waaaay too hand held you know, that's not quite good to learn it so to say

so.. what should I do now?
4-5 choiches though:
1. buy web dev course from colt steele when it goes back down to 12 and in the mean time try to understand classes better cause they need to be revised for sure
2. go immediately with the odin project
3. go with FCC(freecodecamp)
4. Take a CS course before going further

but on the other, can always use codecademy as a quick reviser as it's not that difficult to go through them

Last edited:

imraxstar

TutFlixer
Sep 12, 2020
Mars
I came across a guy shane parrish blog the farnam street. I read the blog and his podcast and found out that he got so so so amazing course, i mean they are really really so great. Famous peoples are talking about them. We have here a course, link is broken and i submitted that. It will be live in few days by admin. There are 3 courses which are great and are only available through their subscription which cost $100/year (first three), 4th is here, 5th one i don't know where it is, it cost $130
1. the art of reading
2. the art of focus
3. productivity that gets results
4. Decision by thinking
5. Re: think parenting

bogdan187

TutFlixer
Nov 10, 2020
Bosnia
@sims0702
Well, ask yourself what you want to do, if it's web development, then you will need Javascript. Once you learn one language, the next will not be difficult to learn, so don't bother with Javascript vs Python.

I would start with The Odin Project, and javascript.info and use Youtube, the Freecodecamp channel is good, the Net Ninja also, and the Zach Gollwitzer channel.

You will need to get your hands dirty and write code every day, it's the only way to learn, and no course will save you from that :).

flamingass

TutFlixer
Jan 13, 2021
localghost
Thanks for the reco. I remember stumbling upon this when I began learning Django a few months ago. Reviews were good too. But then I ended up finding django 3 by example which I'm still working through.

Also, completely different note - I have downloaded a few of the files you've shared on this forums. Astounding compression ratios! Can you share your compression settings - both for the videos as well as 7zip(I think)?

dikk

TutFlixer
Sep 8, 2020
eu
hey @flamingass ;) django by example is cool too. I have read a bit into it, have not started going thru. anyway that is a good choice as well.

there are various settings that I use with handbrake, but the most used one is this one below.
just import it into the presets (options / import from file in preset sidebar)

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

grab the file, then import it; or you can copy the text, save into a file, and import that instead. you will have a new setting named "x265 to1440p, 48kmono" -- pick that before adding any new encode jobs. Default framerate is 12 fps, and it downsizes 1920x1080 to 1440x810 which is still enough. Lower resolutions (lower than 1440x810) will be kept intact.

That's all. p.s. on some coding videos you can get away with 5fps as well.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: flamingass

Latest resources