What are most impactful premium online courses(MAXIMUM THREE) you have successfully completed?

General Rules

• This Forum Rules:
    1. No asking for course requests or download links.
    2. Don't share links to other websites for downloads or references.
    3. Avoid controversial topics in discussions.

4. Use an appropriate thread title that matches your content, not just a word.

Other Forum Rules Can Be Found Here

flamingass

TutFlixer
Jan 13, 2021
localghost
Appreciate the suggestions. Have you found his courses revealing & practical/actionable? I've been burned earlier by self-help courses that were mostly fluff sprinkled with common sense advice.

flamingass

TutFlixer
Jan 13, 2021
localghost
Thanks for the suggestion. Anything that specifically stood out as compared to other courses you might have done?

imraxstar

TutFlixer
Sep 12, 2020
Mars
just google farnam street, read just one article and you will be blown away. This guy shane is the one of best gift i have found on the internet. Just think about this for a moment. For me, reading, productivity, learning, are the only thing - i am getting everything at one place.
Right now, i have no money, working on a 2012 old lanova 32 bit laptop with pirated windows 7 installed on it - doing my hustle for making little money. Parents shout everday for sitting whole day on laptop - but this is what i need to do for a better life, for a better future.
As soon as i get money, i would spend that $100 for farnam street membership to get those 3 courses because they are brilliant.

zapateado

TutFlixer
Oct 22, 2020
India
Yeah, Flask is great. I really like the minimalistic approach of how you create an application in Flask. That's why sometimes it feels more like a library whereas Django is a full-blown framework.
I tried learning Django but found it hard to grasp (maybe because I only did the basics, probably designing a big application is easy).
Can you share what resources you used to learn it? (apart from the documentation, it's great)
I have already tried 'Basic Django Roadmap' (Just the first module). Is it any good?

Edit 1: Haha, I just saw your post on the top of this thread. and the first recommendation is that course. I guess it is pretty good. Maybe I should do some more modules and see if I should learn Django (if required). Pretty happy with Flask for now. Thanks for sharing your experience!

sims0702

TutFlixer
Nov 4, 2020
Belgium
sorry for the late response, did not see your epic comment!
@bogdan187 ofcourse, love coding, doing it every day hehe

the trajectory is as following,
taking the web dev bootcamp from colt steele, (after finsishing css and html modules) going onto codewithmosh's course on css & html (and maybe a quick weg page syling project)
after that back onto colt's course till I am done with js
then a course on javascript, probably something like javascript simplified or the creative javascript course or more advanced stuff about js
and then going fully into project or the odinproject( or... I might go into the odinproject instead of colt's course not decided yet, I am one module shy from finsihing up css so will see afterwards I guess, do you really recommend to go with the odin one wihtout prior experience besides the basics of js (without classes included)? and html and css honestly now haha
thanks in advance

sims0702

TutFlixer
Nov 4, 2020
Belgium
or honestly.. should I just go with the approach you took, of reading books and guides(mdn/javascript.info)? Please guide me on these one ;p
appreciate it

bogdan187

TutFlixer
Nov 10, 2020
Bosnia
@sims0702 Well, I don't know what would suit you better, video courses or books or maybe a course like The Odin Project.
To me, most video courses are boring, and I rarely finish them. I don't like Udemy courses, so I can't help you with that.
Learn HTML and CSS from Kevin Powell on YouTube and MDN or TOP. MDN has great tutorials for HTML and CSS. And then JavaScript, learn as much as you can about JavaScript, then React and Node.
Good luck

sims0702

TutFlixer
Nov 4, 2020
Belgium
@bogdan187 nono, the ones taht I listed, the courses, none of them are from udemy besides the one form colt steele haha
and yesssss man I like books matter a fact I LOVE books

But I have the same thing.. boring af... I'd rather build my own stuff, but that is why I though quickly get the fundamentals and we are out their you know,

and do you have any newline books/course by any chance?

sims0702

TutFlixer
Nov 4, 2020
Belgium
@bogdan187 I think I figured it out... as you said gtfo with all of those courses :p
I am fully going one the odin project, do you have any suggestion on what ot supplement it with? Or take a course/book before beginning with it

Xaxx

TutFlixer
Sep 14, 2020
Eragon
I've followed a lot of courses, When I had started I completed these -
  • JavaScript Essential Training By Morten Rand-Hendriksen
  • JavaScript Absolute Beginner's Guide, 2nd Edition By Kirupa
  • The Complete JavaScript Course 2021: From Zero to Expert! v1 by Jonas
  • JavaScript: Understanding the Weird Parts by Anthony
  • Just Express (with a bunch of node and http). In detail. By Robert Bunch
  • ES6 Javascript: The Complete Developer's Guide by Stephan Grider
  • How to Create A Website: An HTML Tutorial and CSS Tutorial by Todd Mcleod
You can see, mostly technical stuff but now after 3 years, I'm going through interview prep and have list of things to complete
  • Problem Solving: Technical, Non-Technical (Most underestimated, ever got infuriated by business teams?: A book & Healthy Software Developer YT)
  • Prepping for Front End Interview nowdays: Js, React, Html, Css, Nodejs, Accessibility, Performance, UI system design [Note:
    I have deleted all the courses and focusing on very tiny but important ones. Documenting my learning, Sources: Frontend masters (have sub), Books & YT channels like Jser ]

flamingass

TutFlixer
Jan 13, 2021
localghost
Wow those are plenty! Great job getting those done. Wish I had this kind of temperament.

I've been doing interview prep these days. I suck at Leetcode so bad, most times I end up having an IQ crisis. But just hoping it gets better with practice.

Reactions: Xaxx

moi89

TutFlixer
Apr 11, 2021
Canada
+1 I took javascript hard parts and node.js hard parts by Will sentance on frontend masters. Anyone looking to learn javascript and node.js functioning under the hood I seriously recommend those courses and any js course by kyle Simpson(guy's a legend,lol)

• Love
Reactions: prince_singh

bloopLate

TutFlixer
Sep 11, 2020
India
Hello. I am planning to take Epic React now.

Is the content updated for the latest version of react? Does everything work as per the instructor?

Latest resources