What are most impactful premium online courses(MAXIMUM THREE) you have successfully completed?

General Rules

• This Forum Rules:
    1. No asking for course requests or download links.
    2. Don't share links to other websites for downloads or references.
    3. Avoid controversial topics in discussions.

4. Use an appropriate thread title that matches your content, not just a word.

Other Forum Rules Can Be Found Here

flamingass

TutFlixer
Jan 13, 2021
localghost
I'll share mine.

Django Basics by JustDjango(Matt) --- This one really helped me 'grokk' Django. I had used many resources but this one was quite enlightening(many lightbulb moments) and practical.

Typing Course - How to Touch Type Faster - New Way to Learn by Udemy --- I've always wanted to learn touch typing, and came across this course on the forum a month ago or so. I put the time in and now I type ~55wpm without looking at the keyboard. It's not much, but learning this lifeskill has really benefited me. Made keyboard an extension of my mind. Its liberating!

Deepwork by Cal Newport ---- Its a book, not a course. But the content in it has helped me organize my 4 hour flow states during hectic workday. It would be injustice not to include it here given how much it has impacted my quality of work.

Glad to provide an update here that I'm now averaging 75-80 wpm with ~98% accuracy for long texts over 3mins. Plateaued at 64-65 for over a month. Was ecstatic to break through it eventually. It took 10-15 min of practising daily, but sure was worth the consistent effort. Used typeracer and monkeytype for the most part. I'm certainly happy with my current progress with no intention of stopping until I hit 100wpm.

But I'm actually here seeking some specific suggestions. Now I want to also put some time deliberately practising touch-typing for coding. That involves becoming one with special characters/symbols/numbers. Please let me know if there any dedicated sites to practise this specifically in relation to programming. Looked around but couldn't really find anything.

yuvraj

TutFlixer
Jul 3, 2021
Nepal
I've been looking something specific like this. Thanks a lot for sharing! TheOdinProject is one I will approach now.

Reactions: thshar

zapateado

TutFlixer
Oct 22, 2020
India
Glad to provide an update here that I'm now averaging 75-80 wpm with ~98% accuracy for long texts over 3mins. Plateaued at 64-65 for over a month. Was ecstatic to break through it eventually. It took 10-15 min of practising daily, but sure was worth the consistent effort. Used typeracer and monkeytype for the most part. I'm certainly happy with my current progress with no intention of stopping until I hit 100wpm.

But I'm actually here seeking some specific suggestions. Now I want to also put some time deliberately practising touch-typing for coding. That involves becoming one with special characters/symbols/numbers. Please let me know if there any dedicated sites to practise this specifically in relation to programming. Looked around but couldn't really find anything.
How did you start initially? Did you take this course?

thshar

TutFlixer
Nov 13, 2020

(Both Course are on Tutflix)​

Advanced CSS and Sass: Flexbox, Grid, Animations and More! -- Jonas Schmedtmann (Udemy) (I will suggest Before anyone Start he should know some Basic CSS )

The Complete JavaScript Course 2021: From Zero to Expert! -- Jonas Schmedtmann (Udemy)

for everyone learning process work differently. maybe a course i found helpful not gonna helpful for you.
but
I found Helpful those course for me. Jonas Schmedtmann explain good

confused

CODINGandCRYING
TutFlixer
Dec 21, 2020
UK
I always wanted to make websites and something which I can show to my friends, families, etc

1. Complete Web Dev by Angela Yu - helped me start my journey (the best to start with as it covers everything a little bit - my opinion)
2. Then I got into (Javascript) #MERN world and started following many things like YDKJSY (To clear concepts) and following teachers like Brad Traversy etc. (No particular course.. I learned different concepts from different teachers)
3. Coding Journey - Coding Ninjas course helped me kickstart my coding journey. (which is going very difficult nowadays)

In end, I still want to learn different techstack , BUT I AM LAZY :(

Reactions: thshar

yuvraj

TutFlixer
Jul 3, 2021
Nepal
3. Coding Journey - Coding Ninjas course helped me kickstart my coding journey. (which is going very difficult nowadays)
Codingninjas - I do heard of it little bit, How is the Coding ninjas course compared to others. Are they really help or well structured?

Thanks!

confused

CODINGandCRYING
TutFlixer
Dec 21, 2020
UK
Codingninjas - I do heard of it little bit, How is the Coding ninjas course compared to others. Are they really help or well structured?

Thanks!
yes, they are nice for beginners, intermediates. (Original ones)

flamingass

TutFlixer
Jan 13, 2021
localghost
How did you start initially? Did you take this course?

That's correct. I took the touch-typing course from that list. It helped me memorise the alphabet positions on keyboard. I could type 22-25wpm right after the course. Sure it was a step-down from my previous hunt-n-peck 40wpm, but I surpassed it within 2-3 weeks with daily 15mins practise on typeracer. Ever since the focus has been on improving accuracy and speed.

shazz

TutFlixer
Jun 13, 2021
India
The best that i have come across is 'Javascript: Understanding the weird parts' by Anthony Aleciea, 'Django Airbnb Clone’ by Nomadcoders, 'Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less’ by Greg McKeown

Reactions: flamingass

flamingass

TutFlixer
Jan 13, 2021
localghost
The best that i have come across is 'Javascript: Understanding the weird parts' by Anthony Aleciea, 'Django Airbnb Clone’ by Nomadcoders, 'Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less’ by Greg McKeown

Thanks a lot for sharing! I've skimmed through Airbnb clone. It looked great!

Reactions: shazz

supriya11176

TutFlixer
Jul 29, 2021
India
I'll share mine.

Django Basics by JustDjango(Matt) --- This one really helped me 'grokk' Django. I had used many resources but this one was quite enlightening(many lightbulb moments) and practical.

Typing Course - How to Touch Type Faster - New Way to Learn by Udemy --- I've always wanted to learn touch typing, and came across this course on the forum a month ago or so. I put the time in and now I type ~55wpm without looking at the keyboard. It's not much, but learning this lifeskill has really benefited me. Made keyboard an extension of my mind. Its liberating!

Deepwork by Cal Newport ---- Its a book, not a course. But the content in it has helped me organize my 4 hour flow states during hectic workday. It would be injustice not to include it here given how much it has impacted my quality of work.
Hi can you share the link of Django Basics by JustDjango(Matt. I've tried code with mosh, it's not working out for me

CoderBoi

TutFlixer
Jan 25, 2021
india
Django Ecommerce (Justin Michel) - This is where I fall in love with django
Udemy React Redux (Stephen Grinder) - I was afraid of what React Js is but this course boost my confidence
Adobe Illustrator CC (Daniel Walter Scott) - I make my own Vector so cool
SocketIO (Robert Bunch) - The fear of how sockets work..This course + Some googling made me understand socketio
[EDIT]
Django Rest Framework(Justin Michel) - I got the power of building APIs

azizmech

TutFlixer
Nov 21, 2021
Tuchanka
I actually completed a good course of (Udemy - 2021 Python Programming From A-Z Beginner To Expert Course 2020-11)as refreshing your knowledge of python but the topics are still not advanced but recently I am learning (Codewithmosh - The Ultimate Django Series- completed part1 and Now in part2) the best two courses on that topic in my opinion.

jzzy33

TutFlixer
Feb 7, 2022
Poland
I'll share mine.

Can you drop a link to this typicong course?

Latest resources